College Bound & Baddies, Inc.
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2020
Project: College Bound and my new upcoming AVN

Developer:

Looking for: DAZ Artist Assistant

Employment Type: Paid, remote

Work commitment: About 15-20 hours per week

Preferred method of contact: Please fill out this form: (it requires login to prevent spam), I'll reach out to you on Discord

Job Description:
Hello! I'm looking for talented people to join the DAZ production team, to scale the company and create more content. Do you know how to use DAZ Studio well? Making the game characters' expressions and body language look natural is not a problem for you? If you answered yes to these questions, apply for this position, and you'll have a chance to get a fun, paid, remote side job, and work on exciting projects with me and my team.

When your application is accepted, you'll get comprehensive video training on how to do the job, and then you'll be asked to make a couple of trial renders based on a prompt to test your skills. The workflow will look more or less like this: you get a part of the script and base DAZ scenes. Then, based on the base scene, you'll create renders to match dialogue lines and send them back to me. Of course, this workflow might be modified with time, as we get more efficient.

Your tasks would be to:
  • Create renders (only pose characters, and expressions) based on a base scene, so they match the characters' dialogue lines. Only static renders, no animations. About 110-150 renders per week will be required, but keep in mind that they take less time to make than normal renders since you'll get a base scene - your job will be to only pose the characters, as everything else (lights, settings, scene setup, cameras) will be taken care of.
  • Reference the images in the Ren'py script
  • Later, create your own scenes or modify the ones received
It’s required that you:
  • Know English on at least a basic/conversational level
  • Know how to use DAZ Studio program well. You'll receive a training course on how to do the job, which includes some tips on how to use the program more efficiently, but it doesn't teach the basics.
  • Know how to portray human emotions and body language based on their dialogue and the whole scene.
Looking forward to your application!

Leobbb

May 24, 2019
Do you know how to use DAZ Studio well? Making the game characters' expressions and body language look natural is not a problem for you?
This is quite a problem for DAZ. For example I've never seen a natural wide happy smile made with DAZ expresions, they all look twisted. You either have to postprocess renders in 2d editing software or fix the mesh in other 3d software like blender and reimport to DAZ for rendering.

Reactions: GrumpyGranny

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
8-10 minutes per pose/expression/render? Isn't that beyond unrealistic?
Unless you're rocking a 3090 or better, then 8-10 per render is pretty unrealistic.

But for posing/expressions? Why even pay someone else to do it? Far more efficient to just do it yourself and batch render.

Reactions: SparkCarrot

RavenBlade

Jan 13, 2018
This is quite a problem for DAZ. For example I've never seen a natural wide happy smile made with DAZ expresions, they all look twisted. You either have to postprocess renders in 2d editing software or fix the mesh in other 3d software like blender and reimport to DAZ for rendering.
2 smiles