VN Ren'Py 7th Heaven [v0.3 Demo] [Phazyn]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Phazyn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2019
I'm glad to hear, because I enjoyed the Tifa playing with herself scene, and wouldn't mind a way to rewatch it on the regular. I've enjoyed this since your first demo release, and you needing your break was disheartening, but I'm glad to see it back and growing! And thank you for both keeping the game in development as well as coming here to let us know what's going on when you were on down-time. I'm looking forward to the rest of the development as you go!

A second question, do you feel you may make the scenes animated beyond Tifa's dancing as well? Or what we have is what we'll get? I'm cool either way, I just am curious on your vision.
My Plan is to have more posed out sprite work and Animated sex scenesin the future.

The current timeline is to have the game feature complete with basic still art and animated dancing, stripping and sex sprites for Tifa. Once I'm happy I'll be going back through and animating select scenes.

will Cloud have scenes with Tifa when he shows up?
Cloud is written to appear at the end of the game and will be in one scene with Tifa and potentially another one. Still writing that sequences beats.

Runar Orested

Jul 15, 2017
Phazyn This is an idea I had for Shinra tower missions:

The fact that you choose to use Johnny as a pattern for the "generic NPC" was good. After all, Johnny, while a canon character, it only has a name and a few dialogs to distinguish him from the other unnamed characters. The fact that you rubbed our noses in it with the sequence of Elmyra lovers ("She does have a type, yes!") and her husband was brilliant. But the fact that you went and made it a bloody plot point with poor Mr. N. Spector, generic Shinra suit, was genius.

Well, why not go full steam ahead with it, and make it the basic pattern for the Shinra missions for getting the reactor plans? For example:

To get hired by Shinra, your identity must be registered in their systems as vetted by the turks. Jonny certainly it is not, but poor Mr. Spector still is. So you get him rehired as a lowly cleaner, and do a few working turns in the tower until a chance to hack in their systems a new identity, or steal one from one of his "clones" and use it to jump jobs, or do a mission and get ascended to a higher position. Use it to Jump departments and add gags of him working with Heidger, Hojo, and the other wackos in the company.

Just add a gag after every identity jump to burn the previous one. An example: You jump from cleaner to maintenance worker. As a maintenance worker you stage a fire and use it to sneak Jessie in, so she can hack their computers from inside and add a new identity as a transfered soldier for internal security. Then you douse the fire and a Shinra middle manager comendates you for it, so you get a small ceremony and a party as employee of the month, organized by Mr. Spector's wife, a worker in the Entertaiment department? Propaganda? can't remember.
She does get atracted by you, because you remind her of her ex-husband, and ends fucking you in another elevator. She leaves, and then Reeve/Heideger/whatever enters the elevator and sees you in the nude, and has you fired for indecency. Generic soldiers throw you out of the building.

Then Johnny does a few missions to get clothes, make up or tools to become the next identity, some by himself, some with other character, some is simply getting enough gil to buy things. For example, the next identity is a shinra generic soldier, so you need to get the weapon dealer to get you the shinra soldier helmet and gun, which requires Biggs help, and the uniform made by the seamstress, that require photos of Tifa in the nude that you must get somehow, and a pair of expensive Shinra(TM) boots that you must buy. Then you start working in Shinra security dept.

Rinse and repeat. Keep jumping from place to place. Become a cleaner, a maintenance guy, an accountant, a soldier in tower security, a publicist in the energy department, a clothing model for shinra consumer products department, a helper in the science department (met red XIII), a therapeutic masagist for injured Soldiers, an astronaut candidate, a secretary for the turks, a construction supervisor for city planning, a designer for weapon development (imagine Jonny designing some of the killer robots that Cloud must fight in the reactor incursion o_O ), as one of many Rufus assistants, etc. until you manage to insert an identity on the records department and steal the reactor plans.
Just add a few departments, some that are logical for an energy and consumer products conglomerate, beyond the ones with named directors (Weapons Development/Scarlet, Science Department/Hojo, Urban Development/Tuesti, Space Program/Palmer, Public Safety/Heidegger for infantry+Turks+Soldier+Roboguard).
For example: propaganda/entertaiment/publicity dept./Ms.Spector, energy department, consumer goods, industrial products and vehicles (cars, bikes, farming machines, etc), directed by generic johnny-clone managers.

Also, as you raise your position or security clearance inside Shinra, you can unlock sex animations with the holo-receptionist.

Reactions: Phazyn

hentaiheart

Oct 23, 2019
Yes!!1 more Final fantasy themed games!!! thanks for this man im totally into this game
please threesomes with Tifa/aerith and Jessy :D

Reactions: Phazyn

Phazyn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2019
Phazyn This is an idea I had for Shinra tower missions:

The fact that you choose to use Johnny as a pattern for the "generic NPC" was good. After all, Johnny, while a canon character, it only has a name and a few dialogs to distinguish him from the other unnamed characters. The fact that you rubbed our noses in it with the sequence of Elmyra lovers ("She does have a type, yes!") and her husband was brilliant. But the fact that you went and made it a bloody plot point with poor Mr. N. Spector, generic Shinra suit, was genius.

Well, why not go full steam ahead with it, and make it the basic pattern for the Shinra missions for getting the reactor plans? For example:

To get hired by Shinra, your identity must be registered in their systems as vetted by the turks. Jonny certainly it is not, but poor Mr. Spector still is. So you get him rehired as a lowly cleaner, and do a few working turns in the tower until a chance to hack in their systems a new identity, or steal one from one of his "clones" and use it to jump jobs, or do a mission and get ascended to a higher position. Use it to Jump departments and add gags of him working with Heidger, Hojo, and the other wackos in the company.

Just add a gag after every identity jump to burn the previous one. An example: You jump from cleaner to maintenance worker. As a maintenance worker you stage a fire and use it to sneak Jessie in, so she can hack their computers from inside and add a new identity as a transfered soldier for internal security. Then you douse the fire and a Shinra middle manager comendates you for it, so you get a small ceremony and a party as employee of the month, organized by Mr. Spector's wife, a worker in the Entertaiment department? Propaganda? can't remember.
She does get atracted by you, because you remind her of her ex-husband, and ends fucking you in another elevator. She leaves, and then Reeve/Heideger/whatever enters the elevator and sees you in the nude, and has you fired for indecency. Generic soldiers throw you out of the building.

Then Johnny does a few missions to get clothes, make up or tools to become the next identity, some by himself, some with other character, some is simply getting enough gil to buy things. For example, the next identity is a shinra generic soldier, so you need to get the weapon dealer to get you the shinra soldier helmet and gun, which requires Biggs help, and the uniform made by the seamstress, that require photos of Tifa in the nude that you must get somehow, and a pair of expensive Shinra(TM) boots that you must buy. Then you start working in Shinra security dept.

Rinse and repeat. Keep jumping from place to place. Become a cleaner, a maintenance guy, an accountant, a soldier in tower security, a publicist in the energy department, a clothing model for shinra consumer products department, a helper in the science department (met red XIII), a therapeutic masagist for injured Soldiers, an astronaut candidate, a secretary for the turks, a construction supervisor for city planning, a designer for weapon development (imagine Jonny designing some of the killer robots that Cloud must fight in the reactor incursion o_O ), as one of many Rufus assistants, etc. until you manage to insert an identity on the records department and steal the reactor plans.
Just add a few departments, some that are logical for an energy and consumer products conglomerate, beyond the ones with named directors (Weapons Development/Scarlet, Science Department/Hojo, Urban Development/Tuesti, Space Program/Palmer, Public Safety/Heidegger for infantry+Turks+Soldier+Roboguard).
For example: propaganda/entertaiment/publicity dept./Ms.Spector, energy department, consumer goods, industrial products and vehicles (cars, bikes, farming machines, etc), directed by generic johnny-clone managers.

Also, as you raise your position or security clearance inside Shinra, you can unlock sex animations with the holo-receptionist.
These are all great suggestions. I will take some into consideration. My concern right now is that i dont want to unnecessarily pad the game. The game is more management lite than a full on management Sim. I dont want to get sucked into feature creep and id like to keep the scale small as its just me and two other artists that are lightly helping. I do have some things already planned written and drawn for the reactor plans.

Again thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely take them into consideration!

Yes!!1 more Final fantasy themed games!!! thanks for this man im totally into this game
please threesomes with Tifa/aerith and Jessy :D
Thanks so much!
Why not a foursome? Wink wink...

thevampirate

Feb 15, 2019
I wrote a review that goes a little with this comment. I really like the game but the Demo status shows. I feel like this game is trying to add in a lot of game mechanics for the sake of making it feel gamey, and I think the triggers for events feels a bit odd. Barret's gill issues triggered before i ever spent a single gil on training tifa (which he references in the event). I like the story and art a lot but I feel like the jump from 'dancing on tables, dont look at my tits' to Ook, time to suck johnny's dick and stripping is fine" happens in an instant. Maybe Shinra or honey bee inn events should happen sooner in the narrative in conjunction with 'leveling up' Tifa or Aerith's content during that timeframe and it's just not in the game yet. If it is it never went past me getting told she needs a wheel that costs 500 gil that I can't buy or find anywhere. My input on that quest (if it's not already in there and I'm just dumb) is make Johnny ask where to get the tire for gil and have someone else tell you to just find a random tire instead of wasting bomb money or something. That could drive the story better (I.E. sending you towards wall market and honeybee inn) than just spending 500g.

If you are still reading I do like the story, the art and the humor. my only nitpick would be make the clickable things stand out a little more with a border. Valve found out you should tell players where to go by lighting that area, Naughty Dog figured that you paint climbable surfaces yellow, and I don't know who did it first but things that are interactable should stick out from the background (see animation tricks going back to like the 1970's in Scooby-Doo and other early color cartoons). It doesn't need to be too much but players shouldn't swing their cursors over background images hoping for something to light up and maybe interactable things shouldn't even interact before you can use them.

Phazyn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2019
I wrote a review that goes a little with this comment. I really like the game but the Demo status shows. I feel like this game is trying to add in a lot of game mechanics for the sake of making it feel gamey, and I think the triggers for events feels a bit odd. Barret's gill issues triggered before i ever spent a single gil on training tifa (which he references in the event). I like the story and art a lot but I feel like the jump from 'dancing on tables, dont look at my tits' to Ook, time to suck johnny's dick and stripping is fine" happens in an instant. Maybe Shinra or honey bee inn events should happen sooner in the narrative in conjunction with 'leveling up' Tifa or Aerith's content during that timeframe and it's just not in the game yet. If it is it never went past me getting told she needs a wheel that costs 500 gil that I can't buy or find anywhere. My input on that quest (if it's not already in there and I'm just dumb) is make Johnny ask where to get the tire for gil and have someone else tell you to just find a random tire instead of wasting bomb money or something. That could drive the story better (I.E. sending you towards wall market and honeybee inn) than just spending 500g.

If you are still reading I do like the story, the art and the humor. my only nitpick would be make the clickable things stand out a little more with a border. Valve found out you should tell players where to go by lighting that area, Naughty Dog figured that you paint climbable surfaces yellow, and I don't know who did it first but things that are interactable should stick out from the background (see animation tricks going back to like the 1970's in Scooby-Doo and other early color cartoons). It doesn't need to be too much but players shouldn't swing their cursors over background images hoping for something to light up and maybe interactable things shouldn't even interact before you can use them.
Thank you so much for taking the time to not only play my Demo but also write a review AND elaborate further here.

A lot of the points you mentioned are valid criticisms of it being a Demo. There's a lot of mechanical bones of the final game here right now and it's missing the meat. So your note of it feeling on rails is because it's intentionally built that way right now for the sake of delivering some story and sex scenes for the demo. But I will make the pacing a stronger priority going forward.

Your note about making intractable objects clearer is great too!

Thank you again for taking time to leave feedback. This was very valuable. Hope you enjoy the rest of it when it's complete. And I hope it doesn't take me 4 years to complete. Lol

Kakuroi

Jul 19, 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to not only play my Demo but also write a review AND elaborate further here.

A lot of the points you mentioned are valid criticisms of it being a Demo. There's a lot of mechanical bones of the final game here right now and it's missing the meat. So your note of it feeling on rails is because it's intentionally built that way right now for the sake of delivering some story and sex scenes for the demo. But I will make the pacing a stronger priority going forward.

Your note about making intractable objects clearer is great too!

Thank you again for taking time to leave feedback. This was very valuable. Hope you enjoy the rest of it when it's complete. And I hope it doesn't take me 4 years to complete. Lol
Phazyn, thank you very much for your work with the game!
If you don't mind me asking, there is any update about the game?
Anything you can mention about the next update? Maybe a minor spoiler about game events? Release date or something?

Reactions: Queenh09
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes