-

arnii

Massive Member
Game Developer
Feb 23, 2020
People have their different way of doing things. IMO You’re best learning Daz3d first and probably get the basics of posing and scene composition. Animations in Daz are possible (I use daz) but I understand Blender is better for animation. Also don’t under estimate the post production (photoshop, after effects etc). Generally I use sprite sheets so a tool like TexPacker could benefit you.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Hello,

i want to create my first game and i have zero knowledge with the process of developing a adult game.
For my first game i want to use assets from here instead of creating them myself because i currently only want to learn the very basics without that modeling stuff.
So i watched a unreal engine tutorial and i already know the basics and i have prior coding knowledge so creating the game events and stuff shouldnt be a issue.
But the issue i have is that i don't know how the process is when a game dev is trying to create/implement characters and animations.
Do people create all that stuff in daz3d, blender, etc. and then export it to unreal engine with the bridge extensions?
Is there even a tutorial which explains that step by step?

Kind Regards
Personally, if you're going to use Unreal, probably what you want to think about is:
  1. Use the Daz-to-Unreal bridge to get your characters into Unreal for game use. (Depending on what you're doing, you may need to decimate them, since some characters are pretty polygon-heavy. Hair, in particular, can be a real problem that way.)
  2. Use the Daz-to-Blender bridge to get the same character into Blender. Do your animation work in Blender, then migrate the animation to Unreal. Blender's pretty good for building animations, and there are lots of "how to get animations from Blender to Unreal" instructions out there. Google Is Your Friend.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Hello,
thank you for your response as well. I had a lot of issues(took me hours) with exporting and importing assets from one engine to another but i found this site
Thanks for the link - I'll be interested to read through what he has.