A Big Problem with Android 11's Scoped Storage Privacy Feature

Apr 21, 2019
so everything was going smoothly, I played tons of games on my phone and whenever I finish them I backup/copy the saves in obb delete the app (I need storage), then Android 11 happened, and they have this new Scoped Storage feature, everything is gone inside the obb(and data) folders

The problem isn't that I can't access obb, I can access it, the problem is that I can't see all the folders, only some microsoft app's obb folder shows app and no other than that app, every other file is gone, is there some way to show them, perhaps from inside the game's console or something? my "backup" saves folder is inside obb so yeah... , maybe I can save the currently installed game's saves?

here's a bigger problem, all of that data is on my secure folder, which means I can't even recover it using USB debugging (you can access the normal obb using your PC) but you can't access the secure folder one

D. Hizzle

Dec 18, 2019
I have found one file explorer app for android that gets around the Scoped Storage "feature". It's in the play store. Called files. Not sure if it will help if you have a pass code lock on secure folders from other systems. But I've used it to access android data files for various reasons since scoped storage came along.

Screenshot_20210310-212740_Google Play Store.jpg Screenshot_20210310-213943_Files.jpg

Reactions: sakuzuda
Apr 21, 2019
Yeah on normal android I can access it but on secure folder everything is gone, I don't think it's deleted but probably it's just hidden, godammit my saves

KokoMarley

Dec 25, 2019
so everything was going smoothly, I played tons of games on my phone and whenever I finish them I backup/copy the saves in obb delete the app (I need storage), then Android 11 happened, and they have this new Scoped Storage feature, everything is gone inside the obb(and data) folders

The problem isn't that I can't access obb, I can access it, the problem is that I can't see all the folders, only some microsoft app's obb folder shows app and no other than that app, every other file is gone, is there some way to show them, perhaps from inside the game's console or something? my "backup" saves folder is inside obb so yeah... , maybe I can save the currently installed game's saves?

here's a bigger problem, all of that data is on my secure folder, which means I can't even recover it using USB debugging (you can access the normal obb using your PC) but you can't access the secure folder one
Try Total commander, its android version of Total commander PC version, i used it since PC version, its smart file explorer i found so far, also can extract any type of compressed file

Reactions: sakuzuda