A bunch of good ideas for stories, 0 knowledge on how to carry it out

Valanathar

Aug 4, 2022
Hello my fellow gamers, as I said, I have an (I think) a bunch of good stories in my head, i have the background, the characters and also i have the assets but, first i don't have any idea on writing dialogues, ren'py or DAZ, and also, working 12 hours each day is hard to think on how to do it, maybe someone can lend me a little help?

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Sounds like you have a life. Why bother? I mean creating a game is or can be a daunting task.
It can take possibly a year to get familiarized with DAZ but you will most likely make already some easy renders 5 minutes in.

The one thing i can say is, you need to be committed and be prepared to fail.
I personally gave up and ceded my attempt of making a game.
One thing i would give as an advice is to put your story onto a flowchart. You need to stick to that chart to make your story work.
Everything else will come over time but your story needs to be consistent.

There are a lot of threads about DAZ and RenPy though you may want to check also other engines that fit your need.

Hope you will succeed where i failed. :whistle:

Valanathar

Aug 4, 2022
Sounds like you have a life. Why bother? I mean creating a game is or can be a daunting task.
It can take possibly a year to get familiarized with DAZ but you will most likely make already some easy renders 5 minutes in.

The one thing i can say is, you need to be committed and be prepared to fail.
I personally gave up and ceded my attempt of making a game.
One thing i would give as an advice is to put your story onto a flowchart. You need to stick to that chart to make your story work.
Everything else will come over time but your story needs to be consistent.

There are a lot of threads about DAZ and RenPy though you may want to check also other engines that fit your need.

Hope you will succeed where i failed. :whistle:
Thanks for your words, i've been thinking a lot about doing a game, but, because the lack of time, for me it's partially impossible invest a lot of time in that, maybe i can search or create a team for work with me, maybe i must give up, or maybe, what others do in 6 months i do in 2 years... who knows...

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
working 12 hours each day is hard to think on how to do it
And will have zero chance of implementing a thing. Hundreds of ppl with all the time in world "start" something and never get any further. If you were competent with all the tools you will need yeah maybe, but after work, food, sleep, shitting, wanking and generally scratching yourself, the little time you have left will be spent wondering why the asset you just installed in DAZ cannot be found.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
You can still waste time to make your personal bimbo you never will meet. Perfect wank studio.
I had dreams and the hard truth is, that for most like me, it's just a dream. Though there is always a possibility that it may come true.
That's why i think to forget about the money making aspect and just concentrate on doing it for yourself. It may lead to some story or maybe not.
I do really thing that a short story is something that can be doable. There are some short story VN's i really like. It doesn't have to be a big fucking story.
In the meantime i play Borderland 3 which i really like. Haha...

Reactions: Novice+

Valanathar

Aug 4, 2022
I'm ok with that, for almost 6 months i was working on the story, charachters, background, and the developement, maybe, it's true, i have no knowledge on ren'py or DAZ, but i'm a lot more invested in the story than i though i would be, and yes, isn't an easy task, but, little by little, you can climb on high mountains, thanks both for your comments,
I'm not sure if it will work out or not, but if I don't try, I'll never know.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
I'm ok with that, for almost 6 months i was working on the story, charachters, background, and the developement, maybe, it's true, i have no knowledge on ren'py or DAZ, but i'm a lot more invested in the story than i though i would be, and yes, isn't an easy task, but, little by little, you can climb on high mountains, thanks both for your comments,
I'm not sure if it will work out or not, but if I don't try, I'll never know.
Take pessimistic me with a grain of salt, but yester64 just had the best bit of advice - You can still waste time to make your personal bimbo you never will meet.

Just fuck about with DAZ, even though I make games (I don't work) I still make bimbos I never use for fun and practise.