A Certain Asset Site's 18+ Section Gone?

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
So...I don't know the policy on discussing other sites here. But a popular asset resource site seems to have taken down it's 18+ content for some reason. I did a quick search but didn't see any info. Wondering if anyone on here had any insight into what happened?

[Looking again, I think all the links are gone? Seems like a wider issue?]

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
theres no rule against saying the name of the site (also i have no idea what you're talking about)

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
You can name sites or people generally won't have the slightest idea what you are talking about.

The internet has millions of sites, saying "that site with assets" narrows that down to .... tens of thousands.

seyfer110

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Kasperky went crazy after trying to open section on that site...

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
Hmm. It worked last week. I run various blockers. Between seyfer and lexx I'm wondering if something changed and now it's all just being blocked. Don't think I want to unblock it if that's the case. So other than the asset section here, is there another good resource?

VNON

Sep 25, 2016
still work, but i can't find download link yesterday, and today too :'(
i guess they are money oriented :D

lexx228

Engaged Member
May 30, 2017
you're right, all 3 of my favorite sites give errors(I think it has more to do with security policy than copyright), but torrents are not prohibited (though the search will be difficult);)

T-Daw

Nov 10, 2017
I seen they keep adding assets to 3dzone but yeah no links... 3d-load seems to be a decent alternative

T-Daw

Nov 10, 2017
That's good to know:closedeyesmile:. I'm curious if they're doing that to try to hide more under the radar or if its simply just having problems with the site?

zoneitorboneit

Apr 30, 2018
Does anyone know where that section of this site is where it gives many different websites?
Like a Our Partners section.

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
Was it taken due to its dark, behind-the-scenes-mining activity? 4chan states it uses visitor's cpu to mine bc.

IM6

Erisa's Summer
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
It used to use coinhive to use your hardware to mine monero. There was an option at the bottom of the page to stop it, but Chrome (as well as most anti-virus software) caught on and prevented the functionality altogether. This prompted 3dzone to remove the mining, but now all their links are disabled (forcing you into the 'view source'+ctrl+f workaround).

I'm sure that symbol on the page is probably related to something mining-related you need to agree to in order to access their content again, but I can't figure it out for the life of me. Removing their 18+ content was probably also a poor choice. Using the search function, it does look like most of it has been removed (i.e. can't find 3feetwolf's new gens or any of the crap ton of Davo content they had recently).