• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

A clean look

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I am after a very similar look to what this demo is. Minimal to say the least. I have a main page design but it's still bothering me. Is this easy to code in RenPy or a bit of work?

The background image is easy to do, I have my Name logo/text so it's just the Menu choices i need aligning where is it found? What else do i need to hide or remember to do if i want a similar clean look?

Reactions: Droid Productions

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
It's a nice look, I have to say.

I think you could set this up in Ren'py without too much difficulty - you just have to use the "screen language" a bit to alter the look of the start screen. (and other screens, of course) For example, on this screen you'd be using an "hbox" instead of a "vbox" to contain your buttons. The background for the button area could be an overlay, or could be baked into the background image. The subtle drop shadow on the button text implies that you might have to do the buttons as imagebuttons instead of as textbuttons, but again, those are easy to create in Photoshop or the equivalent.

One of the nice things about the modern Ren'py is that it pretty cleanly separates "style" from "function." You can design a button any way you want and lay it out anywhere you want, you just have to keep the action the same and it'll do what you want.