A couple more of my test renders...

Ifmonger

Dec 4, 2019
Hey, all. I posted a couple of my test renders to get constructive criticism in the Introductions thread.

Here are a three more.

The first is the final design for one of the characters of a story I'm working on, the other two are tests of the opening scene of that story.

Any criticisms that come with tips or tricks would be VERY helpful.

Cheers,
Ifmonger EelooLake1.png Scene1Shot2a.png Scene1Shot3D.png

Parmenion1405

Dec 27, 2017
tbh I like the idea you have in pic 2 and 3 but I don't think it works out well. These pics are a little unsettled by the shadows. I would say it makes it hard to look at them even for a short time. The last one gets really dark by it and the 2nd is a little like gone through a paper-shredder. No offence.

Hope this will help you

edit: and with the chosen ankle of p2&3 if you would blend form one to the next the shadow ankle will shift by 90 degrees don't think that will work out well

Ifmonger

Dec 4, 2019
tbh I like the idea you have in pic 2 and 3 but I don't think it works out well. These pics are a little unsettled by the shadows. I would say it makes it hard to look at them even for a short time. The last one gets really dark by it and the 2nd is a little like gone through a paper-shredder. No offence.

Hope this will help you

edit: and with the chosen ankle of p2&3 if you would blend form one to the next the shadow ankle will shift by 90 degrees don't think that will work out well
Thanks, but it was a choice to make the scene lit from outside the room and through the blinds.

Den187

Jun 27, 2017
My favorite 2nd (especially) and 3rd image. I like the idea of light falling through blinds, but on 3rd image room looks too dark, in sense of brightness 2nd image looks much better for me.

Reactions: Ifmonger

Ifmonger

Dec 4, 2019
My favorite 2nd (especially) and 3rd image. I like the idea of light falling through blinds, but on 3rd image room looks too dark, in sense of brightness 2nd image looks much better for me.
Thanks, yeah, I'm still adjusting that scene (even though I only need 6 shots for the script) - even with Nvidia Iray view, it can be hard to tell what it'll look like until you actually commit to the damned render button. Appreciate the feedback.

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
I kinda like the effect of the 2'nd pic, but I feel the 3'rd looks too dark and a bit weird. Also, the girl on the bed in pic #3 has a hand clipping through her hair. Might want to move the hand or hair to make it look more natural.

Ifmonger

Dec 4, 2019
I kinda like the effect of the 2'nd pic, but I feel the 3'rd looks too dark and a bit weird. Also, the girl on the bed in pic #3 has a hand clipping through her hair. Might want to move the hand or hair to make it look more natural.
Thanks, yeah. Appreciate the feedback.
also, your tagline reminds me of an old joke:
Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
Cheers.

Reactions: Agent HK47