A couple of the test renders for the visual novel I'm working on. Would love some constructive feedback.

Ifmonger

Dec 4, 2019
I have a good story written (mostly). Here is the final test render of the custom morph I made for the main character and two tests of the opening scene of the story. MartaPortrait1.png Scene1Shot1.png Scene1Shot2.png

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
Renders look good, just one observation/question:
Is all the light in the bedroom scene natural? As far as I can tell it comes from two opposite directions at once.

Reactions: Ifmonger

BigIrishLug

Common Craic Producer
Donor
Aug 17, 2017
Lighting look good, Otherwise I would suggest
Bed=>Object=>Object=>Smoothing Modifier, Mesh Smoothing on the bed, adjusting the hair, Might want to separate the bed from the pillows to make the pillows independent objects, the skin looks like plastic... I would suggest improving on the models has a lot of great content that you could learn some quick tricks from.

Reactions: Ifmonger

Ifmonger

Dec 4, 2019
Renders look good, just one observation/question:
Is all the light in the bedroom scene natural? As far as I can tell it comes from two opposite directions at once.
yes, just two light sources, one from behind the camera and one from behind the window (coming through the blinds).

Ifmonger

Dec 4, 2019
Lighting look good, Otherwise I would suggest
Bed=>Object=>Object=>Smoothing Modifier, Mesh Smoothing on the bed, adjusting the hair, Might want to separate the bed from the pillows to make the pillows independent objects, the skin looks like plastic... I would suggest improving on the models has a lot of great content that you could learn some quick tricks from.
Thanks. and LOL I'm already a fan and a supporter of WP Guru :D I will try the smoothing modifier, though.