Mod Ren'Py A Familiar(Family) Venture v0.05b [Incest Patch/Mod by D.S.-sama]

robertfierce

Donor
Nov 13, 2017
When you provide a mod on a website with a version of the game that doesn't support it.

-Oh, hey guys. Here's a mod for 4D ..cause only 4C is available soo ..basically it's useless 100%.
10 out of 10 for trolling.

NaughtyDeveloper

Game Developer
Jun 29, 2017
When you provide a mod on a website with a version of the game that doesn't support it.

-Oh, hey guys. Here's a mod for 4D ..cause only 4C is available soo ..basically it's useless 100%.
10 out of 10 for trolling.
4d is out bro... plus learn to give some respect bro.... He is a moder here and doing a lot of work without even demanding anything for it... if you browse previous comments he already said that 0.4d is going to come with a lot of bug fixes so as a developer point of view when I already know a new final version is going to come why would I go through all the trouble of editing and fixes that will only require redone in a few days if you didn't understand this then lemme simplify this for you...

Will you do your homework today when you know after 3 days you will have to do the same homework again with some extra touch of additional homework?

Aeriys

Apr 23, 2017
There seems to be a slight problem with mod activation. I'm using the 0.0.4d mod on the 0.0.4d Patreon version and have to furiously click about 20 times on the top left exclamation mark until it activates, there is no feedback that there's a button. The only sign that the mod is activated is that the screen refreshes once (and it's actually Mom waking you up)

abba2572

Jun 23, 2018
dowloaded 0.04d but it not appear in game......why?....i put the filein the game folder but seems nothing happens....

nazgul111

Jun 9, 2017
Will you do your homework today when you know after 3 days you will have to do the same homework again with some extra touch of additional homework?
Will you go to work today knowing tomorrow you gonna have to do the same thing at work anyways? ohh wait now you are unemployed, good job.

your 'example' or as you called it 'simplification' doesnt work in real life, why do something today if you might have to repeat it another day, just stay idle your whole life which aint gonna be long anyways cause why eat today if you gonna have to eat tomorrow....

D.S.-sama

Casual Ren'Py Modder
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
Guys the mod must be activated, it doesn't activate by itself so read the OP, also I'll add the mod version to the game version I'm working on so I know it's tested and it works.... also you can't complain that you don't have the new game version and it's not out yet, to have access to the newest game version you need to support that game's developer or wait so that it's available for everyone or someones releases it in to the wild without that game's developer permission... So if you don't like the way I'm doing things (***cough*** Xiztizen Kang ***cough***) don't use it....

Reactions: Paprika and KiGa

lapdragon

Sep 28, 2017
Guys, you have to click the "dot" at the bottom of the exclamation point inside the yellow triangle - not the yellow triangle itself, nor the tall "bar" part of the exclamation point... This is the way this mod has worked since the beginning.

You will know it's working when the screen warning changes it's text and loses the warning about "no family relationships". Other than that, the next thing you see that shows it is working is when the mom character's name is "Mom" instead of Jacky - if her name in green when she's waking you up isn't Mom, then you've not done it right, and you will have to restart and try it again. It's very simple to activate, you just need to click a very specific point on the yellow warning symbol.

Reactions: stojkovic

NaughtyDeveloper

Game Developer
Jun 29, 2017
Will you go to work today knowing tomorrow you gonna have to do the same thing at work anyways? ohh wait now you are unemployed, good job.

your 'example' or as you called it 'simplification' doesnt work in real life, why do something today if you might have to repeat it another day, just stay idle your whole life which aint gonna be long anyways cause why eat today if you gonna have to eat tomorrow....
My whole point was the modder here is not getting paid for his work so he is free to do anything ... In your example if I get unemployed that means I am getting paid for the repetitive work so your example does work in real life where I am being paid but it doesn't apply here

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
rpa in the game folder, clicking on the dot, nothing happen.

I'm using the d version.

Work after Unren :)

Last edited:

D.S.-sama

Casual Ren'Py Modder
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
Guys I repacked the files and changed the link for v0.04d the error of the mod not working without using unren may be caused because I used the newest version of renpy and used raptool-master to do the archive and be a compatibility issue... if this link also doesn't work without using unren please let me know... enjoy!

Reactions: Paprika

lapdragon

Sep 28, 2017
D.S.-sama, I worked up a "spellchecked" version of the base game and your patch, and have posted it in the game's main thread - if you're interested in kidnapping the patch script, it's here.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
D.S.-sama, I worked up a "spellchecked" version of the base game and your patch, and have posted it in the game's main thread - if you're interested in kidnapping the patch script, it's here.
Thanks for doing that. I started the process with v0.3b and the patch then c came out, then d, and it becomes a lot of work based on the patch system being reversible. You need to check if the original line you want to fix is in the patch, fix the original, fix it twice in the patch, and then twice fix the patched line. It is a lot of work.

lapdragon

Sep 28, 2017
You need to check if the original line you want to fix is in the patch, fix the original, fix it twice in the patch, and then twice fix the patched line. It is a lot of work.
I use EditPad Pro and open all of the dialog files at once, and then can target specific word combinations across all of the files at once - change all instances of phrases like "your going" to "you're going" for example. I can do bulk blind search and replace, but I prefer to actually look at each line, which takes longer but is more reliable in making sure that I don't make a mess of the text. If I do find something that's going to be replaced a LOT (which did happen quite a few times), then I'll fix the whole line in the search and replace, and then keep going afterwards with the "game-wide" correction process.

I think I did a decent job, and the text looks VASTLY better to those of us who are particularly sensitive to grammar and punctuation issues. There's still a lot of places where I could have re-punctuated lines, but I didn't want to spend another 2-3 days tweaking, especially as I don't know how welcome the fixes are from the developer's viewpoint.

Reactions: Regardie

Maethir

Jul 28, 2018
So how do you get the patch to actually work. I put it in the /game game folder as instructed but still cannot activate it with by clicking on the dot. Tried unren and nothing changed

Edit: Disregard i got it working