Ren'Py A Familiar World [v0.4.1] [HighbornTiger]

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
banner_01.jpg
Overview:
"A Familiar World" gives the usual jigsaw puzzle genre a different spin. Not only does it feature good-looking models in exciting environments and situations, but it also offers a story element that you unlock by completing puzzles.
The game plays in and around a castle in a post-apocalyptic world. A long and brutal war left only a few strong men alive. Each settled down in their own part of the world. Those men quickly became the center point of small functioning societies comprised of the remaining females. "A Familiar World" tells the story of nine women, how they found each other, and how they eventually managed to flee their cruel reality.​

Thread Updated: 2024-01-06
Release Date: 2024-01-06
Developer: HighbornTiger - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.4.1
Language: English
Sequel: A Foreign World
Other Games: Playing With Fire - A Foreign World
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -
Mac: - - - -

screenshot0001.jpg screenshot0003.jpg screenshot0009.jpg screenshot0010.jpg screenshot0007.jpg
screenshot0013.jpg screenshot0014.jpg screenshot0016.jpg screenshot0012.jpg screenshot0008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
I've released v0.3 of A Familiar World. I also just got confirmation that Steam will have no Problem publishing this game on their site. The Launch day will be the 09th of January. You can it now to not miss the launch discount.

AFamiliarWorldv03_Patreon.png

• Love
Reactions: Tora-uma

GenKalBall

Aug 9, 2017
I liked it! i just wish the background wasn't out of focus, makes the harder difficulties kind of frustrating to complete. It's not very interesting when you just have a bunch of different blurs to place left. It's OK on Advanced, but Expert is no fun

Reactions: HighbornTiger

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
GenKalBall did you finish a Puzzle on Expert? I did one to prove that it's possible, but as far as I know, there isn't another person that did it.

The problem is that each image looks 50% less good without depth-of-field. But yes, I might need to rerender the puzzles to make things easier in future updates.

Reactions: GenKalBall

GenKalBall

Aug 9, 2017
GenKalBall did you finish a Puzzle on Expert? I did one to prove that it's possible, but as far as I know, there isn't another person that did it.

The problem is that each image looks 50% less good without depth-of-field. But yes, I might need to rerender the puzzles to make things easier in future updates.
No, I tried. But after like 30 minutes of just staring at almost same colored pieces I gave up. I did all of them on advanced though!

I get what you are saying about DoF on pictures, they DO look good when finished! It just doesn't work as a jigsaw puzzle when chopped up.

sarasara

Feb 20, 2020
Do I get (???-achievement) by finishing the rest of the achievements?

And when can we get a sequal ?

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
sarasara Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are talking about the game Playing with Fire, and not A Familiar World, right? If so, then you don't get the ???-achievement by finishing all the other achivements. It's an easter egg that few figured out.

About a potential sequel. Sadly, I don't have the tme to work on it right now. It's planed but I'm not sure when I get to it.

Daglamor

Dec 9, 2021
Any chance on making the game available on itch as well? I'd get it on Steam if I was allowed to in my country, but patreon isn't my cup of tea.

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes