WillTylor

Creating "A Family Venture"
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
No, but I figured I wouldn’t hear anything until the end of the weekend. I’m really hoping I’ll find out something tomorrow.

WillTylor

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
is there any walkthrough for this game?
There was one on my patreon page, but it's down for review, and I've removed it, so the moderators don't use it as an excuse to keep me shut down.

I'd post it here, but I need to go over it with a fine tooth comb again to make sure it's patreon safe first. I've heard of other developers that were shut down as a result of the walkthrough.

Reactions: hakarlman

Hjort

Aug 15, 2016
You really should consider firing up a subscribestar page and run it in parallel (and then submit the link to OP), always a good plan to have your eggs in more then one basket, especially when patreon is such a volatile basket. Keep up the awesome work!

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
You really should consider firing up a subscribestar page and run it in parallel (and then submit the link to OP), always a good plan to have your eggs in more then one basket, especially when patreon is such a volatile basket. Keep up the awesome work!
Patreon doesn't allow that, if they find that you are in others places too or even if you have one game on Patreon and another game in the other page, Patreon will "ask you nicely" to drop the other projects

Reactions: Pharan

WillTylor

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Patreon doesn't allow that, if they find that you are in others places too or even if you have one game on Patreon and another game in the other page, Patreon will "ask you nicely" to drop the other projects
Wow! That's a bunch of Bullshit!
Edited: Not what you said, but what Patreon does!

Deleted member 833007

Aug 20, 2018
@willtylor Who said you have to make links between patreon and subscribesta..just dont create any reference between the two..make two accounts with two different names....and share them both here in f95...

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
No idea about them, I'm pretty sure those are Patreon's rules, but maybe they changed it and I never knew about it? Who knows

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
They can't ask you to do shit if the 2 aren't linked together. Banning a dev on patreon because he has another site with "other" games that they deem inappropriate and aren't even linked back to patreon in anyway would be complete bullshit.
Any external sites should be fine since patreon has absolutely no control over them as long as there are no links or mentions of said games on patreon.
A good example would be Iccreations...he hosted his older incest games on an external site which he had a link to on his patreon I believe and they locked his page because of it....I'm sure there was more to it than that since I don't know full story. Just tossing that out there. The way I see it...its none of their buisness what you do on another site if it doesn't come back to patreon.

D

Deleted member 2514

Clearly the protagonist seems to be less than 12 years old. That's the problem, but I've seen worse things in patreon. Maybe Patreon is adapting to the laws of the United States.

Hjort

Aug 15, 2016
You sure about that? Loads of creators are creating backup pages on subscribestar.

Hjort

Aug 15, 2016
From WillTylor himself today! :love:(y):love:(y)

I’m still working on getting my Patreon page back up, but in the meantime, I’ve created a Subscribestar page that you can all check out. I’m feeling pretty cold towards Patreon right now, not so much for their guidelines and policies, but for their unequal application of those policies. My restriction has not been lifted yet for something that exists in dozens of other games that Patreon allows to be funded, and taking it out of my game would take away over half its content. I feel like they are happy to look the other way as long as a creator is bringing in enough money for them, but try to nail me for the same thing that isn’t even to the same extreme as in some of these other games because I’m only bringing in pennies so far. I think they must have to prove to their banks and cc companies that they are taking action against immorality by banning a certain amount of creators each month. I believe they are going to pay for it. Right now there is a mass migration to Subscribestar, and they are so busy they are having trouble just getting to the approval of these creators.

I hope you’ll come check out my new Subscribestar page, and support me there. My site is

Subscribe to WillTylor for more updates and exclusive content.

Subbed. Get it going!

Reactions: WillTylor

WillTylor

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
My account is finally live! I'd prefer you support me there instead of patreon. While I will still attempt to get my Patreon page back up, I would prefer to move as much support as I can to Subscribestar. While I understand patreons rules and guidelines, I would just prefer that they hold everyone equal to those guidelines. And I'm not advocating for the top money making creators to be more restricted, but for the just starting out creators not to have to be limited by stricter guidelines as the big guys. Help us all to the top! It's a perfect case study in croney-capitalism. (Just to be clear, I'm a supporter of free market capitalism, just not the croney kind.) -- Sorry for the rant.--

If anyone is reserved about subscribestar not being permitted to use paypal, they use instead. It's basically the same thing, so go set up an account there!

I also created a welcome video for my subscribestar site, with my limited video editing skills. Don't be too harsh on it!:mad::)
A higher resolution version is on .

Please come support me!!!

Hjort

Aug 15, 2016
My account is finally live! I'd prefer you support me there instead of patreon. While I will still attempt to get my Patreon page back up, I would prefer to move as much support as I can to Subscribestar. While I understand patreons rules and guidelines, I would just prefer that they hold everyone equal to those guidelines. And I'm not advocating for the top money making creators to be more restricted, but for the just starting out creators not to have to be limited by stricter guidelines as the big guys. Help us all to the top! It's a perfect case study in croney-capitalism. (Just to be clear, I'm a supporter of free market capitalism, just not the croney kind.) -- Sorry for the rant.--

If anyone is reserved about subscribestar not being permitted to use paypal, they use instead. It's basically the same thing, so go set up an account there!

I also created a welcome video for my subscribestar site, with my limited video editing skills. Don't be too harsh on it!:mad::)
A higher resolution version is on .

Please come support me!!!
You should report OP and ask them to swap the link order if you aim to make SubscribeStar the main one.
Looking forward to the next version!

Reactions: WillTylor
3.60 star(s) 103 Votes