VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - A Fantasy Life [v0.1] [HeritoGames]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Larry2000

A Fantasy Life Version 0.1 Review

I want to give this game a 4 because I like the characters already. The designs are nice and the best friend Anna is super sweet. That said, I honestly want to give this a 2 star because of one big problem:

What happened to the pacing?!?!

One minute you're sweetly talking to your girlfriend, the next scene you are talking to your girlfriends best friend on the phone then suddenly the next day you are fucking your girlfriend's friend out of NO WHERE with ZERO warning!

I mean, it had a good pacing up until then. It was like a calm and passive 1/10 easing into the story then suddenly it spikes at 9 with no lead up. Personally, she's my favorite girl, but to betray your loyal girlfriend with basically zero choice (if you refuse to see friend, the day ends as does the update) is kind of jarring.

Maybe I'll go with a 3 star because I love the uniqueness of the renders and it looks like it might be a nice romantic romp. The sister is adorable though.

OH! For those of you sensitive of the EN TEE ARGH there might be a scene pretty close. If you want to know:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

After taking the latter into more account than when I started, I'm comforable giving this a 2 for now.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

dogeatsdog

Solid start to this game. I enjoyed the movie scene...one of the better ones for this format. Some of the questions came up in Spanish instead of English but I won't complain too much about that. Keep up the good work.