A few methods some of you might not know of existing for making games

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
There are a lot of ways to make a game most of you are probably familiar with ones like , , , , , ...
I'm assuming most of you familiar with Renpy know it is built on top of pygame.

Recently I made a short post that blender is coming out with blender apps. It uses python for the app development. Great if you are ok with making the game for free.
It uses GPL 2.0

It got me to thinking that maybe you might be useful to list a number of others on here.

We can start with based system. If you don't already know RPGMaker is made using it and .
I found this out when I started a game up and it started showing it was seeing my development environment.

If you use visual studio code it is made using and
NW.js and Electron are chromium browser based systems. They just do it in a bit different ways.
Node.js and possibly a library like flask is used to handle the back end and NW.js and Electron create the frontend.
The benefit is you can program everything in HTML ,javascript and CSS. You can also publish cross platform fairly easily.
NW.js is probably simpler for the beginner to use. Electroni.js is more widely used.

You can do some what similar in python and and flaskwebgui.
You could also simply use python with flask and then start a web browser on the system to point to local host and the correct port using python.

If you want to learn about flask,
Of course the entire CS50 open course from Harvard is pretty good. in one video 25 hours
13 video version

Of course using python and SDL2 isn't that hard either. You can find a examples using the googling "pysdl2 engine"
Or C/C++ and SDL2 are always a good option. But there are other libraries as well.

Reactions: clowns234

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
WTF ? 99.99999999999999% times is DAZ render or creating content using 3DS MAX/Blender

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
WTF ? 99.99999999999999% times is DAZ render or creating content using 3DS MAX/Blender
Not getting you. Complete sentences I don't read minds. haha

I can take a guess though. Most the stuff posted on here is DAZ. Not actual development.
It's about 3D rendering and such.
Well I've started other conversations on here and so have other regarding the actual programming.
Every once in a while a mod moves it to another location. Even had one mod move it then another mod get on to me for it being in the location that mod moved it to.
But the first word in the forum name is Programming!
Programming, Development & Art

KiaAzad

Feb 27, 2019
channel often introduce engines and frameworks for game making, if you're willing to sit and watch all of the videos, it's a good place to start listing.