A few questions about tags

Rrtbfytyty

Mar 10, 2020
How accurate should tags be?
- For example, in the game Goblin Burrow, there's only a single futa scene in one of the endings and that's it. Should it have the tag futa?

What protagonist tags to use
- On one hand, the futa/trans protagonist might just be an option and you could still have a game with all three protagonist tags. When excluding the futa/trans protagonist tag, games like those are also excluded.
- On the other hand, you have games like Goblin Burrow where the main character is just a means to interact with the world and not an actual character.

3d and 3dcg
- What's the difference? I'm getting sick of those western games that have "realistic" 3D characters that are so detailed they are bland. And yet I can't just exclude both tags because the Japanese game models like Honey Select have genuine good-looking models.

Missing tag
- Where should I ask a tag to be included? For example should I ask Muff Diver to add character creation tag to https://f95zone.to/threads/soldgirl-town-final-gamecolon.3339/?

This is my first time making a thread so opinions on what I should've done are appreciated.

Last edited:

moskis22

Nov 26, 2020
I think mods are who put the tags, so it depends of their criteria, but devs usually try to put as much tags as possible on their games (for more potential players i guess)

If there is no MC it shouldn't have any protagonist tag IMO

3d and 3dcg
3d is for the gameplay, 3dcg is for h scenes, you can play a 2d game with 3d h scenes
But if you want to filter by art style you should filter by japanese game, that usually means anime-like and them check manually what art you like more, because there is a wide variety and impossible to tag that
Also games of the same dev usually have similar art

Reactions: Rrtbfytyty

Etheric

May 30, 2017
- For example, in the game Goblin Burrow, there's only a single futa scene in one of the endings and that's it. Should it have the tag futa?
Just like moskis22 said, Devs put a lot of tag in their game even if there is almost nothing in there just to gain more views.

Sometime the dev promise to include said content but is just a random scene with zero impact in the game or just some type of game over or it was part of the innitial content but the dev gave up on it. I remember a game with 5 gb with futa/trans tag but it was just a photo....

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Don't think Soldgirl Town qualifies for the character creation tag, doesn't it only randomly generates the girls...

Character Creation - Used when a game allows the user to create his/her own character (not naming).

If a game is missing a tag for something currently in the game use the report button in the opening post.

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
Yes because there's no way to accurately determine what quantifies as deserving a tag otherwise, and if there were it would be too much work to tag things. It's also better for people who want to completely avoid specific content.
- On one hand, the futa/trans protagonist might just be an option and you could still have a game with all three protagonist tags. When excluding the futa/trans protagonist tag, games like those are also excluded.
- On the other hand, you have games like Goblin Burrow where the main character is just a means to interact with the world and not an actual character.
Any game where the main protagonist is the actual human playing said game on their computer/phone (as in you or me) and doesn't have an in-game character should not have a protagonist tag. I saw that once where a game was tagged "male protagonist" but there was no in-game character for the player and it's extremely rude in addition to being incorrectly tagged.
This is my first time making a thread so opinions on what I should've done are appreciated.
Please don't write your entire post in large font.

Rrtbfytyty

Mar 10, 2020
After playing a bit, in Soldgirl town you can customise clothes, hairstyle, chest size, voice, profile and, to some extent, even virginity. If that doesn't qualify then the tag must mean having full control from the character creation phase, not setting a few conditions and customizing later.

Anyways, that's just an example. So the answer, as TheBlueKnight said, is the report button.

Last edited:

Rrtbfytyty

Mar 10, 2020
There are many games which have scat scenes which can be avoided by doing things as simple as turning the option off in the settings. Yet exclude scat tag and those games are gone. This is also the case with the protagonist tags.
The only permanent solution is to split the tags like that into two: optional and unavoidable, which won't be happening anytime soon. It seems checking each game's description is the only option.

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
After playing a bit, in Soldgirl town you can customise clothes, hairstyle, chest size, voice, profile and, to some extent, even virginity. If that doesn't qualify then the tag must mean having full control from the character creation phase, not setting a few conditions and customizing later.

Anyways, that's just an example. So the answer, as TheBlueKnight said, is the report button.
That is not the same as Artificial Girl 3, Artificial Academy 1/2, Honey Select, etc, etc, etc,................... I have played Soldgirl Town as well so I do know what I am talking about.;)

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
It seems checking each game's description is the only option.
Except that the description is often even more useless. Most devs don't properly describe their game. I'm sure i've even seen some descriptions that are shorter than the game's title! You're right though in that sometimes a game has specific content but that content is optional or can be turned off. It would definitely help if more people would remember to talk about these things in their comments or reviews.