VN - Ren'Py - A Foreign World [Ep. 4.5] [HighbornTiger]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1465339

Pros:
    • Models: they seem unique enough to not be the same copy paste models.
    • Premise: Story touches the idea of parallel worlds which can usually be fun.
    • MC: Is level headed and calm. Doesn't seem like he's afraid nor overly confident yet.
    Cons:
    • Writing: I find it a bit lacking that there has been no real world building from the MC questioning why the girls are the way they are around men. There seems to be a stop every time we get there.
    • Ex-fiance: It feels like this detracts rather than adds to the story if its gonna be another "I kept you away for your safety" side story.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

BeastMaster59

My Rating for This game is:
    Pros:
    -Great Story
    -Fantastic Renders

Cons:
    Nothing whatsoever

Conclusion:
    Overall I fell in love with this Game, and i`m burning for the Next update, and that doesn't happen often....
    Just a Great Fantasy Game with beautiful women, and a bit of secret service agent.
    Love it.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

soadeths

For this pilot version I must say that I am extremely surprised.

The story is really interesting with a lot of potential and quite mature.

The MC has a good mind and for the moment does not think with his dick and hopes that this does not change.

The LI seems interesting but for the moment we know almost nothing about them and their stories.

On the other hand the only negative point I saw for the moment is clearly the sandbox which is useless here and also stains especially this early in the game and for what it shows.
    The MC's attempt to show that he could read LI was a bit much, I don't know if it was because English was not my first language, but it was too much.

Otherwise excellent game that I will watch and hope that it keeps its maturity and exploits well the story that can be really excellent.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

___abbas___

An amazing game so far, good renders, decent writing, interesting story, and an exceptional variety in the personalities and models of the Lis

just two recommendations :
    1- ditch the sandbox theme, believe me it will only burden you
    2- don't bend to kink suggestions (NTR, swinging, cheating and such) if you want your game to be harem it's your game, and if you love NTR and such kinks do it, but don't mix between the two, this approach always fail

I hope that you achieve great things in the future and I will definitely keep an eye on this one
  5. 5.00 star(s)

krish719

Review for Episode 1 ( Pilot )
    Starting with positives - Amazing renders , good looking female models , likeable Main charecter ( not a midget or a pervert ) . Plot seems interesting involving Superpowers / Sci Fi genre and a harem which fits to the story premise . Moving on to negatives Sandbox / free roam was totally unnecessary , it didn't add anything to the game other than clicking on random items and wasting time . But overall story seems interesting and good luck to the dev , looking forward to next release .
  6. 5.00 star(s)

SixtyNineGaming

I thought I had seen all the possible ways to create a harem, but this one differentiates itself enough to be very interesting. For an initial release/demo, this is an excellent showing. The premise is interesting and very well executed and it leaves enough mysteries and dangling threads to make you come back for more.

It is also very well made on a technical level. There are no performance or language issues, and the visuals are great. Because the harem is so large, remembering all their names might be a little difficult, but all their appearances are different enough to be memorable and distinct.

Definitely give this one a shot and I can't wait for more.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Pijele800

Pros:
    MC is not a creep
    Plot seems well thought out
    Renders are good
    Models are good
    The lore seems well delivered and not like a data dump
    Cons:
    The small sandbox moments in the beginning feel sorta useless
    Extremely rare typos
  8. 4.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

For a demo there is a lot of content.

PROS
    Renders are good
    Models are good
    Story is pretty interesting

CONS
    There are tiny writing mistakes

Summary
    I enjoyed the story so far. It's interesting and not like other stories on here.
    There was a few small writing mistakes, but it didn't disrupt the flow of things.
    I recommend this VN because it has an interesting plot.
    Good luck to the dev(s) and hopefully we won't have to wait 6 months for the next installation.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Paul Newmon

This is a very ambitious beginning, much longer than most prologues. The MC is a cool guy, the off-world women are amazing, as drawn and as a concept. There is nudity, with very natural body shapes. The harem possibility is something that will have me continuing to follow this story. I wasn't paid for my rating, but I have become a paid supporter of Highborn Tiger.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Dripping

Review version: Pilot Episode

Definitely an interesting game with decent writing. For those who care only about this detail, there's no sex yet in this pilot episode (awwww?! ) but still some nudity (yay! ).

The pilot emphasizes the cultural differences between the protagonist and the refugees. The differences may be obvious, but the writer doesn't rush to solve them by soothing dialogue, but seems to allow the player to first discover the more intricate implications. What helps, is that the main character seems to have his own past with internal conflicts as well, making him reluctant (for now) to rush into anything other than helping those in need.

Definitely a story to keep an eye on, and I do hope the developer plans for many episodes. The angle of the story may not be completely unique (though still rare in my opinion), but it's interesting enough to make something that goes on for a year or two without need to constantly introduce new "features" and "unlocks". Apart from the antagonist, I don't think there will be a further need for introducing characters or abilities from "the other world". Maybe in a next season if HighbornTiger finishes this story sometime. But the current setup is already as good as it needs to be for the current storyline.