a guide for new and old gamers / patreons into the available adult games ren'py and others 450+

is it worth updating this ?

• Total voters

cccxxx

Aug 8, 2018
this is my list for incoming gamers / patreons to help them sort around. wish i had one when i found this site
as such it is biased . i favour quality of story, pictures and content. also photographic quality is a +++, hard for me to look at cartoons, sorry people
i rate looks, quality and style. every note is an average for several others.
scoring:
3 mediocre - happily ignore
4 tries to - may become better in a year
5 shows promise - give it a chance
6 very good - lets help the dev
7 exceptional - play / support this or else !
type:
story - self explanatory best yet depraved awakening / city of broken dreamers / dreams of desire / new coral city
map - jumping through rooms or city lucky mark / being a dick
game - rpg , quest, economic sim etc for adults, best yet willy d
if there is interest for my post .. and posibly if there is not :) i will update on sunday
i offer spreadsheet for easy search xls and ods

ps 1 ANY constructive help is welcomed
2 if you have a 7 with a different style, i don't mind trying
3 i know people love echhi sensei or summer scent - to me the graphic choices are... terrible, so no rating ... yet
4 fashion business is an excelent series that is tortured by a few design choices, i will keep rating it a 6, but unless something is done to the interface ( slow darkness - slow jumping between locations, and a proper guide for the grind ) i will not give it a 7

cccxxx

Aug 8, 2018
nearly forgot
i favour ren'py as a program
unity can spew out some quality stuff like lucky mark and love of magic , but the size grows to horrendous levels.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
It's not a bad idea, but I'd give your list a 3. :cool:

It's just too simple, arbitrary, and doesn't really tell anything. To make this list useful you'd need like 20 or more different parameters/categories to rate and not just 2. People have different preferences, so just your subjective overall score alone is worthless.

Anyone looking for new games to play is better off just using filters in latest updates. You'd need to go much more complex if you want to offer an alternative to that.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
People have different preferences, so just your subjective overall score alone is worthless.
That's the main problem I see. The rating is already not necessarily accurate when a whole forum can define it, so when it's an individual who do it, sorry but it have no value ; you don't have the same taste than me and potentially not share the same culture which also have an impact on the liking.

Reactions: Akamari