Shadøwlurker

Oct 26, 2019
Can't create a new game as the game won't let me hit that 'confirm' button to overwrite an old save. Well, it lets me hit the button but no no new game is starting.
Using Vivaldi as browser - it's a Chrome based browser.
Older versions worked like a charm to hit that 'confirm' button and a new game started.
Just tested it with version 0.65 and everything works as intended and it lets me start a new game.

Last edited:

ZennyDarkstar

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2023
Can't create a new game as the game won't let me hit that 'confirm' button to overwrite an old save. Well, it lets me hit the button but no no new game is starting.
Using Vivaldi as browser - it's a Chrome based browser.
Older versions worked like a charm to hit that 'confirm' button and a new game started.
If old games worked then nothing should have changed that stops it now.. if you are in cognito mode that might cause a problem.. however some have said that going into cognito mode fixed the issue. :S

Shadøwlurker

Oct 26, 2019
If old games worked then nothing should have changed that stops it now.. if you are in cognito mode that might cause a problem.. however some have said that going into cognito mode fixed the issue. :S
Nope, I didn't change anything on my side - 0.65 lets me start a new game and 0.751 does not - tested both version without any changes in the browser. And as the saves are stored locally in the browser, I can't move/delete old saves to test if it would work with no previous saves.

ZennyDarkstar

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2023
Nope, I didn't change anything on my side - 0.65 lets me start a new game and 0.751 does not - tested both version without any changes in the browser. And as the saves are stored locally in the browser, I can't move/delete old saves to test if it would work with no previous saves.
If your try making a new game in the old version.. and then export it to txt file.. you can then open that in the new version..
be interested to know if that works.

Shadøwlurker

Oct 26, 2019
If your try making a new game in the old version.. and then export it to txt file.. you can then open that in the new version..
be interested to know if that works.
OK, it's a problem on my side - browser cache seems almost full. And your game seems to create a new save file without deleting the old save first resulting in not being able to start the new game.
Now just to find the local saves for your game in the browser cache to delete them manually...

Last edited:

ZennyDarkstar

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2023
OK, it's a problem on my side - browser cache seems almost full. And your game seems to create a new save file without deleting the old save first resulting in not being able to start the new game.
Now just to find the lacal saves for your game in the browser cache to delete them manually...
Well thats good to know :)
They should not be hard to find if you are looking at the browser cache

lifesuckz69

Mar 5, 2017
Stuck at 15 upskirt pics. is that the end for now?
Also having an issue with Oldie but Goldie. I am wearing the bacalava and it says at midday, but nothing happens in the park

ZennyDarkstar

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2023
Stuck at 15 upskirt pics. is that the end for now?
Also having an issue with Oldie but Goldie. I am wearing the bacalava and it says at midday, but nothing happens in the park
need to enter the toilet block.. weekend.... and there are more than the number needed for the quest.. so you can complete it.. some are harder to find than others.

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
The creation of a new save will wipe out an old one.. unless that is something different with firefox.. I do most of my testing in chrome but my secondary testing is done in firefox.. The only thing I know about firefox and the saves that do differ is that the file name / folder if it is different from previous then it will not load old saves...
I will try running the next version through firefox for creating and saving.. to see if I can replicate any issues.. and then work out how to fix them.. if I cant replicate them, it can be kinda hard to work out how to fix them..
Thanks for the comments though as its always handy to see if anyone is having a problem as if more than one person mentions the same thing, I can start considering its more of game issue that a local issue..
:)
If you want to try and reproduce, I think the version was 0.35 that the save was from, the 3 save slots look familiar but I don't think the mall was open yet.
The problem was that hitting the create button did nothing, so you couldn't get to the save slots to overwrite them.
I figured a button with a confirmation to delete all saves is a pretty catch all solution for bad things.

phattty

Dec 29, 2018
Here's a version of the HTML with some cheats. I may add more if I figure out how.
  • Chatting with an NPC increase "like" by 10 instead of 1. The notification still just says 1 but the stat will change correctly.
  • Clicking Help is basically a nuke button for the grind.
    • Cash + 1000
    • MC stats + 10 (Charisma, str, dex, creativity, chemistry, comp skills, music, speed, stealth, corruption, lockpicking, cooking, sex, fighting)
    • All NPC like + 10
    • All NPC corruption + 10
    • Lisa and Julia observed + 10 (instagran quest)
If you don't want to download a different HTML you can also put this code into the console to get the same effect the help cheat would do:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If someone wants to re-create this if/when a future version comes out you can paste that code under the help button function in the HTML, which as of this version is on line#16825. I'm sure a smarter person could make this about 10 lines with some loops, but I'm no programmer so instead you get my 200 lines of trash.

Last edited:
2.50 star(s) 20 Votes