Recommending A List of Games I Have Reviewed/Beta Tested :)

JamesL7122

Sep 5, 2021
As stated, this post will contain the reviews of games I have tested so others can see how I format and write my reviews. See sidenotes for my thoughts on the demo outside of what the dev asked.

A list of games I enjoy, my preferences, and notes on those games if interested.

Few notes, I take what the dev is directly asking for and paste it into word. I then answer these questions after I have played the game and give them their own sections in the review titled side notes.

Reviews:
Dilemma of Devotion
Dev:
https://f95zone.to/members/shikharisfree.4628136/
Dev Thread: https://f95zone.to/threads/dilemma-of-devotion-development-thread.180402/

Dilemma of Devotion Notes

Story:
The story seems unique with the mc being a linguistic teacher and the students each speaking different languages. I find it to personally be intriguing and a nice play on the whole mc being a teacher scenario. I really enjoyed the introduction of so many characters and would be interested to see how the relationships develop over time.

Characters: The characters are all designed very well and look nice overall. I would prefer some more variety in the girls. Currently, all the girls seem to have a similar body design. Luckily, they all have their own sense of fashion which does a good job of differentiating them from each other. With this being an NSFW game though, I would love to see some variety in the bodies of the girls. Overall, though, very interesting designs.

Setting: The setting was set up very nicely for the most part and I felt immersed in the story at all times. I could see the characters existing in the world which helped with this immersion and it was pleasant. Only issue with the setting is near the beginning, the shift from funeral scene to daily life and current story was a bit abrupt and some more setting up of that would be nice.

Did anything feel forced or faked?

Nope! Everything that happened felt natural to me and there is not much else I would change. The pace of the story moved at a rate that I felt was right and the story moved at a nice pace. Nothing felt dragged out and with a few grammatical corrections the story would feel very polished.

Takeaways: The game as a whole seems to have a very good start. All the models look awesome and with a bit of variety in their body types I feel it could pull some attention. Their designs are already varied and unique enough to pull some attention. The game could also use some scenes to catch peoples attention and keep the game in their minds.

Side Notes: This game seems to be a male perspective of the devs other game New Beginnings in Japan and seems like a good start to a game with beautiful models and a good story.

Tomb of Destiny
Dev:
https://f95zone.to/members/ultrababes.6828526/
Dev Thread: Currently, the dev has not released a dev thread that I know of and would like everyone to know it is currently unreleased/not available.

Tomb of Destiny Notes

AI/Sketch inconsistencies: For me personally, I didn’t see any outstanding inconsistencies with the art and was instead amazed with it! I feel that the game has its own style and would be able to stand out from other games easily. The story, music and voice over/acting is more than enough to excuse some small things that may be off with the images.

Audio Parts: First off, the lobby music is awesome and I’m listening to it while writing this. The voice of Lara is amazing and did a good job of immersing me in the experience. I can see this helping the game stand out from others as from my experience I usually just turn all music off in these games. Overall, nice audio!

Overall Experience: Overall, it was an amazing experience! I just wish there was more to play. Lara’s art looks amazing, the writing is good, the audio is awesome and helped me become immersed in the world. A good start and I believe this can really be something different and amazing.

Side Notes: This was an awesome demo that I really enjoyed as seen from the notes. Very good audio design, Awesome visuals, and a great experience. While the game uses AI to help with the art, it still has an interesting style that really drew me in. Needless to say, I cant wait to see more from this game and I wish nothing but the best for the dev.

Last edited: