RPGM - A Lost Island? [v0.2] [DOKai Studios]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Mantus

Well, the version of the game I played is still very early (0.2), so there's a long way to go. Despite being made in RPGMaker, the game currently doesn't use many of its mechanics. It would be nice to have a collection and survival game; maybe this will be implemented later, but I'm not sure. What would be cool in the game is to evoke a feeling of freedom, having things to do across the map, good exploration, etc... But in the end, that's just my preference, and I'm just expressing it. The game doesn't need to be that way because I already liked it. I really loved the characters' art, and regarding the story, I can't judge much because it's still very early, but I liked what I saw. Well, I hope everything goes well with the game, and that you guys finish it successfully! :D

(But seriously, please arrest that boy; when he was on the ship, he killed fashion.)
  2. 2.00 star(s)

0nymous

Glorified VN overusing RPGMaker as its engine. There is 0 (zero) actual gameplay. Giant missed opportunity, because "stuck on an island" is a nifty concept for some survival/scavenging/base building gameplay. However primitive it may be, RPGM allows it. There is a simple IMPLICATION of such gameplay but other than that, it's just not here, and it doesn't seem like there ever will be. Why not just use Ren'Py instead??
    The intro is way too long. The dialogue is a slog, unironically interjected with CONSTANT pointless "..." lines serving no purpose other than to lengthen the space between CGs.
    The mom addresses her main character as "son", which we all know is normal mom behavior. No option to name characters.

The author has not reneged on the promise to add cuck shit to the game. What a brilliant narrative design - the main character is stuck on a deserted island with his mom... so OTHERS CAN FUCK HER ANYWAYS! WOW!!!1

Two stars instead of one because the art and the mom are cute.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

pushing30loser

Great start to the game, can't wait to see more of the mother-son dynamic.

There's alot of directions the story might go down since we're still in the begining, but nonetheless im looking forward to seeing future updates,
    Keep up the great work.

Note to the dev:
    Don't worry about being preassued by those who want their tags in the game, seeing how the story and game is still in the beginning.

Also, make the game you want; there's no need to cater to any tag that doesn't fit your plans for the story.

I'm sure your vision of the game is great; all I can say is to just stick with it.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Kamaraj

Like the other reviews, not much content right now.

I really like the drawings and the premise. It says RPGM but it plays like VN, so no pesky battle mechanics or grind, just story.

However, its been a while since there was new content, I really hope the team didn't abandon this. The art makes it great
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Garrexalfa

I shouldn't rate this 4 stars. The game crashed on me 2 times (I think it may have something to do with full screen) and there are consistent grammatical horrors, but I can't help it. I love this kind of setting, it has a lot of potential (Even tho this games looks like it is gonna follow every trope). I like the simple art style, the simple story and the direct way in which everything is handled. I'm completely biased also because I'm from Argentina too, so i wanna see this project succeed.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

mr.longdong6969

Not much to it right now mainly just dialogue but that's understandable since it is 0.1. Art style is great though it works very well and incest is always good in my books. Theres a lot of potential here I am definitely gonna watch
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Blue Thorns

[0.1]
    The Good:
    1) THE ARTSTYLE is exactly my taste. Great expressions, characters have distinct desgins, colors are pleasing to the eye. Maybe it's not everyone's cup of tea, but for me it is almost flawless (maybe hands and feet don't look too anatomically right, but its excusable).
    2) Plot is intriguing and fast enought to not make me annoyed or bored. Everything moves fast without dragging.
    3) I like the music

Needs fixing:
    1) UI language is not english.
    2) Very obvious punctuation and syntax mistakes. At least go through the text and make sure there's a period at the end of every sentence.
    3) The sound when the "!" reaction appears above characters' head is very annoying. Would be lovely for it to be changed to something a bit less skull-splitting.
    4) In general dialouge is a bit too simplistic and characters have no individidual voice, it is hard to tell them apart.
    5) Mapping is amateurish, although I assume it will get better in further updates.

A great start with a lot of promise. Well worth your time.