VN A New Story Driven Incest Game with realistic plot

Jul 28, 2020
I am unsure whether or not I am in the right Thread for this but here goes:

I would love to see a game developed where a somewhat wealthy family is on vacation and on a plane to a remote resort. The family consists of Mother and Father, Twin Brother and Sister who start out the game at the tender age of 12 give or take. Their plane hits a terrible thunderstorm (they thought they could out run it) and crashes on an island in the middle of nowhere. The Father is killed instantly and the Mother only lasts a few days before succumbing to her wounds making the brother and sister promise to always be there for each other before she passes. The story then begins with the children growing up on the Island alone and learning how to survive together. Of course being the only male and female they begin to develop feelings for each other which is easy since they already had a very close relationship due to being twins. They survive for seven to ten years(dev's choice on how long) and of course during that time they become lovers. The timing of this is up to the dev but the falling in love should start early and become very strong as they rely on one another. and their already close relationship develops into full blown love for one another. Now here is where the story gets interesting. After the given period of time the Twins get rescued from the Island and are brought back to society. They were old enough to understand even when they first wrecked that their relationship was not supposed to be incestuous but they are stone cold in love with one another and the story is about them dealing with that. They have a sizable inheritance from their parents estate so they are able to live together but they must hide their love, or let it go and find someone new. The story is about the decisions they make and you decide what becomes of them. It is also about others suspecting that their relationship is more than brother and sister and they have a family member (maybe one who stood to inherit their parents money after the estate was settled but had to wait due to legal battles with others over the money) who wants to get them out of the way and finding out they are in a relationship could be a way to do it since its illegal. I think there could even be a mystery wherein the antagonist might have sabotaged the planes compass causing them to fly into the storm all those years ago. There are so many ways in which the story could be developed but the main idea is to keep the reason for their relationship as realistic as possible. The decisions they make even when on the island will affect and push the story. The sister could end up pregnant just before the rescue and so begin showing mere weeks after the rescue which would bring heat on them. So many ideas.........sigh.......

I have many ideas but no skill at game creation so I hope someone can pick up the ball so to speak and run with it.
Anyway that is a story request for a game that I have. Hopefully this was the right place to ask for it
Also one final question...does this sound like a good premise for a game and does it sound like a believable scenario?

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
The premise, while having been done already, is certainly interesting.

There's also the Swiss movie "Alpine Fire" (Höhenfeuer) from 1985 about a family of four living on a remote alpine farm with no neighbors nearby.

Brother (who's deaf) and his older sister get closer until they have sex, sister gets pregnant. The father of course finds out once the daughter starts showing, loses his temper, wants to shoot the son, the mother however tries to protect her kids and gets in the way, son wrangles with the father for the weapon, the gun fires accidentally, killing the father, the mother commits suicide out of grief, brother and sister bury their parents on the farm, then take things over and live together.

So this is basically the arthouse drama version of incest. This movie received lots of praise, it's said to be the best Swiss movie ever. It's in Swiss German though, even if you spoke German it's near impossible to understand, so subtitles it is.

These stories do already exist. Maybe not as much in VN land where things are often quite outlandish or unrealistic. Something like "Blue Lagoon" with an incest angle or something much more grounded and dramatic like "Alpine Fire" could certainly be interesting.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Certainly sounds like an interesting setting and story premise.
Could see myself have a go if there was such a game made.

Unfortunately, ideas are abundant, and I find it improbable that there are any devs who lack ideas for what they want.
At most, regarding story department, some devs would be in need of writers to do dialogue or flesh their ideas out. But for ideas and the premises, I can't see any dev taking over someone else's idea over their own.

But improbable does not mean impossible. Could be that there are some devs who had ideas of their own who will see this and find this more interesting.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
But for ideas and the premises, I can't see any dev taking over someone else's idea over their own.
You don't come often enough on this part of the forum, there's more or less one every two weeks who come asking for ideas. But, well, if you can't even find a story idea by yourself, how do you expect to have the inspiration to correctly exploit someone else idea...

Totally off topic: Congrat for your reboot, the exploration part is a wonderful idea that give so much more depth to your game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: HopesGaming
Jul 28, 2020
Thank you for the link. That is Kind of what I was looking for but the majority of the game I want to make/have made would take place after the rescue. The first two chapters would be on the island setting up the relationship/love then the game starts taking off once they are back in civilization. It would be easy to stay a couple on the island where there is no one to judge/compete. Its the world intruding on their love that is the story, and that only happens later when they are back home.