VN - Ren'Py - Completed - A Night with a Bat Girl [v1.0] [furrgroup]

1. 4.00 star(s)

applesauce

Version reviewed: 1.0

Refreshing for what it aims to be. It's a short game without the most fantastic art, but it's done by a small dev and it compensates with a copious number of CGs.

They do a fantastic job of telling a story that has more information than is on screen, with stunningly rapid characterization. You'll find yourself wondering why you want this bat girl your character met 5 minutes ago to be a permanent fixture in their life.

The writing is sexy, tons of variations, and it doesn't pretend to be something that it's not. Don't go in expecting the world and you'll have a great time.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

LuminosHands

Pros:
    • Nice short story
    • Comfy Vibes
    • Music utilised
    • Sound effects
    • Very good defined character dialogue
    Cons:
    • The happy music (when you choose to let her stay for a long time)
    • Art looks a tiny bit warped in a few scenes
    • Alot of playthroughs required to be quite satisfied(story is very short not much of a downside with the skip button)
    Art style is nice.
    Story and character dialogue is very well written however the story is short, but its very satisfying.
    Surprisingly the sound effects wasn't bad in this game
    (i know its just one but hear me out), the knocking sound effect wasn't bad, loud, out of place. It actually was very fitting both the game and character design (Very light knocking which you would expect from the bat girl), it was most likely tuned very well to the default music and sound. Its very rare to see a game Dev both triple A Game and random Indie Devs utilise and fit Sound effects so well into their game which adds ambience. Very nice to see someone care about the sound design to this extent .
    I really like how the music is utilised so well to set the scene and feeling of it.
    The creator also made a flowchart of choices on their itch.io page, Very nice.
    Really good quality for something this short.

Notes for myself
    Check other games from this dev
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Themarketcrash2019

Normally, I dont talk much about reviewing. However, the romance in this game is pretty simple with only a single female character. The character is pretty simple with a nice design for each secne. In fact, their are mutliple sences in the VN. I hope they expand this to a much bigger game. However, The game is pretty short with mutiple choices in it.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

MrMux

Perfect game what what it is. A cute short game with excellent drawings and a cute story. When I mean cute I mean a dialogue suggesting abuse turns out she is actually into it. :p

only thing that could make it better was longer endings :)