Unity A Pact with the Devil (Game Development Thread)

ZhyrR

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020

Hello everyone!

I'm currently developing a game called "A Pact with the Devil" and I want to share some informations with you,
so I can have some feedbacks (and maybe some ideas!)

I'll try to update this thread as often as I can!

OVERVIEW

The game takes place in the universe of "The Witcher", you play as a young man who's living with his family.
One day, you decide you had enough of this life. You leave your home with all your savings to set off on an adventure in the lands to the north.

You finally reach the city of Pont-Vanis, in Kovir.
On a night of partying and drinking, you find yourself using almost all your money to buy a building from a old man looking for someone to take over his brothel.
Thinking it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity (and also thanks to the few young women around you), you agree and signed the deed of sale.

The awakening was difficult and by going to the place indicated on the paper you signed the day before, you find that the guy scammed you (what a surprise)
The building is located outside the city, almost in ruins and definitly not a brothel.

Angry at yourself and your own stupidity, you have no other choice than use your last gold coins to turn it into a decent inn (for a start).

A few weeks later, your business is still not taking off, and that's when a strange merchant enters your "inn" and offers you a deal that you can't refuse...

GAMEPLAY

The game will be based on a point and click system, offering many interactions in the different locations.

There will be several mechanics:
- Multiple options when selecting an object (use, look at...)
- Craft system (something basic)
- Corruption system
- Sandbox world
- Dialog choices
- Exploration of the world
- Day/Night cycle

The main goal of the game will be to repay the debt you contract and evolve your inn into a brothel (with the most beautiful women of The Witcher at your disposal)

CHARACTERS

Many of the protagonists will be from The Witcher universes, but there will be also some new characters.

For the first release, there'll be:
- Main Character (YOU)
- Ciri
- Triss Merigold
- Yennefer of Vengerberg
- Master mirror
- Marysia (a merchant)

In the future, many characters will be added (Shani, Saskia, Dandelion...)

TECHNICAL INFORMATIONS

The game is developed under Unity using the "Adventure Creator" toolkit, with also some custom scripts.
All the illustrations are made by myself, I mainly use Photoshop with a graphics tablet.

At first, there will be no animation but I'd like to add some in the future.

The game will be available in French and English.
(I'm french btw so excuse me if my engrish is far from perfect :) )

Thank you for your time, and to finish, here are some illustrations and my devianart page:

CorridorEnd.png Marysia.png MC.png Yennefer_card_1.png discussion.PNG Triss.png Kovir final.jpg Yennefer.png