VN Ren'Py Completed A Petal Among Thorns [v6.0.2-RE] [Lockheart]

4.50 star(s) 113 Votes

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Nice game start, looks promising!

While checking the game I "had to" cheat the game a little - I unlocked the Gallery...
Also since v2.02: a Jukebox player function to play the game music tracks by your own.
(I added a button in the main menu. While playing the game you can press "Shift"+"k")

APetalAmongThorns - Mod Banner.jpg

Nov. 19, 2023
Updated my Mod for the bugfixed game version v6.0.2RE
New: added now WT hints and my usual game enhancements (textbox/size/Quick menu)

Download WT/Unlock Mod v6.0.2RE (~3MB)
-
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Android port from the game compressed
with integrated Mod v6.0.2RE (~305MB)

Info: please uninstall a previous port from me (changed the RenPy version), saves should be kept

====================================
Mod downloads for the game before the remaster version:
====================================

Some ingame pics of the Mod:
APAT_01.jpg APAT_02.jpg APAT_03.jpg APAT_05.jpg APAT_06.jpg APAT_07.jpg APAT_04.jpg

Last edited:

Bossk

Jun 13, 2020
Oh, you mean how Rose is fucking Bliss at home and how Bliss and Petal are conspiring to keep their family very "close" together? :devilish:

Bring it on! WE WANT THIS! TAKE OUR MONEY! *ahem*

:whistle::coffee::giggle:

Ahah I'm glad my mind wasnt the only one that went right there the moment that line was on screen :ROFLMAO:

A sequel showing what happened with Rose, Bliss and Moon during this time would be something worth supporting. Far too few M/D romance stories on this site and I can see a great opportunity to tell that side of the story and even a third story of how all 5 re-integrate into each others lives and find out how to make it all work (or you know just more chapters to tie it all together into one amazing story), Im so hoping for a "happy family" ending to this "saga".

juan palote

Dec 5, 2017
We're suspending our donation sites for now until we figure out a solid plan for the future.

We're going to do five chapters for A Petal Among Thorns. There's a possibility of a sequel if APAT does well. We've got some interesting ideas for a follow-up featuring Bliss, Petal's sister, and another female character. We're not committing to anything until we see how Petal's game plays out. Please let us know if you enjoy it.

Thank you for the kind words, Bloodguard! :)
APAT is great so far, i was very sad when you announced that the plans for extending it were discarded, but a sequel looks like a good idea

Rintal

May 6, 2017
Too rough and fast-paced for my taste, but overall pretty funny. There is something to see and Fem MC looks good. And the number of words in dialogues can be halved. Now there are many more letters in the text than the semantic load.

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
Too rough and fast-paced for my taste, but overall pretty funny. There is something to see and Fem MC looks good. And the number of words in dialogues can be halved. Now there are many more letters in the text than the semantic load.
If you already think there is double the text than the semantic load would warrant, how exactly do you propose to slow down the pacing? They have a week to get to the point, they are in the middle of nowhere, there's only so much you can make them do that isn't sexual and wouldn't be menial enough to bore people to death...

Reactions: siper17

Rintal

May 6, 2017
If you already think there is double the text than the semantic load would warrant, how exactly do you propose to slow down the pacing? They have a week to get to the point, they are in the middle of nowhere, there's only so much you can make them do that isn't sexual and wouldn't be menial enough to bore people to death...
It's not about the text, but how abruptly they jumped from family to love relationships and how they behave in these circumstances. Again, I'm talking about my tastes.

SirAuron20

May 11, 2017
Love the game so far, the build up and the teasing is very tastefully made...cant wait to see more of the story as well

• Red Heart
Reactions: Myrabelle

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
It's not about the text, but how abruptly they jumped from family to love relationships and how they behave in these circumstances. Again, I'm talking about my tastes.
Yea, tastes are subjective. But I don't think it's up to subjectivity to think that acting out on a pre-existing attraction is much more plausible, than people who have known each other for many years (let's not pretend they aren't father and daughter), suddenly developing romantic feelings for each other. Therefore I think there's nothing wrong with the pacing.

• Red Heart
Reactions: m4pII and Myrabelle

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
This is after long term repeated incest among the children of the partnering. One generation, unless there is a major recessive genetic issue that only comes to light by specifically pairing two people, does not produce such situations.
Oh shit! I though you were dead, man :ROFLMAO:

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Good update.
When I had a club my IT guy tried to talk me into buying bitcoin years ago.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Myrabelle

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Thankfully I got rid of the club before the insane Covid shut downs.

4.50 star(s) 113 Votes