VN - Ren'Py - Completed - A Reflection In Your Eyes [Final] [StateOfMind]

1. 4.00 star(s)

WorkPlease

Girls are pretty, plot is okay. The love interests all have different personalities and there's nice build up with them, especially with Ellie.

Unfortunately, the game feels incomplete, even if it's only part of a larger series, as only Ellie makes an appearance in the second part and there's no explanation at the end of the first part why all the other girls just suddenly disappear.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Scar Face

I had played the original and thought it was okay, but I love this rewrite and the addition of Hera, I like her more than Ellie, I was lot more engaged with the story, and a personal thank you from me, for giving me the option to avoid NTR.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

delacroix2

What I Liked & Disliked About this game

Pros:
    • Ellie is beautiful
    • I liked a bit how the romance was developing - clichés should be avoided.
    • Good animations - Normal quality
    • The idea of different routes is fine but you should be clear from the beginning of the game.

Cons
    • Renderings are generic, nothing impressive
    • The story is easy to understand but it's so boring, unoriginal, I'm sure you'll play it once and forget about it
    • The thing I hate the most about this game are the border lines of the characters it looks like a picture pasted and added to a generic background
    • The only interesting character is Ellie, the others don't exist.
    • The dialogues are very boring I couldn't connect with any character.
    • Lifeless game environment, some structures like buildings,furniture,clothes have absolutely perfect borders lines it's too fake. Some objects in the environment look out of place
    • Some fetishes need to be developed more
    • The secondary characters have an empty story without being well developed.
    • The division of the stories seems unnecessary because you leave out other secondary characters.
    Neutral:
    • Why are the male MC's "enemies" depraved? ...
    Thank you, bye.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

_Utakata_

Story is not intresting they give you options that makes it seem you gonna have some lewd scenes with the sister but end up in nothing
    Renders for sister is not good I found the other woman had better renders
    No bugs
    Felt to short for chapter 3
  5. 2.00 star(s)

jmcronshaw

a pretty poorly put together mess. Nice looking models is about all we have here, animations are present but not great. The dialog and narrative are average at best. The real issue here is the structure of the VN. Starts off as kind of choice based with paths for each girl which is fine but then for some reason partitions off the content into chapters for each girl. The whole thing is clunky and not particularly enjoyable to play. Put that on top of the average characters and story and not something i would recommend
  6. 3.00 star(s)

ToxicMelody1

Usually I don't like writing out reviews, due to them taking a lot of my time. However, I see a lot of potential in this game, therefore i wanted to leave my review and a few suggestions, that could potentially get you 5 stars from everyone.

Animations 4/5
    Grammar 2/5
    Renders 5/5
    Story 2/5

_SUGGESTIONS_

-Hire or ask for help from a Native English speaker, to fix/minimize the many grammatical errors that are present in your writing. Your writing abilities aren't bad at all, it just sounds very unnatural to a Native English speaker, and the more time the players spend correcting your errors, the more they'll become disinterested in your product.

-Music is like medicine to our souls, where words fail, music speaks. Almost every emotion known to men can be felt by music, and sound follows the same principle. Now if music and sound has that type of power, why would you leave it out of your game? The MC often takes fresh air breaks, so why not add the sound of a gently breeze(or whatever the weather is like), humming and shower sounds, moans, and varies other sounds. All i am saying is, take advantage of these powerful tools to keep your audience immerse in your game.

-The animations thus far are really lovely! But in order to get your game on top, you'll need to go the extra mile. Instead of having the players look at a still image of the characters(making the same expression from a panel ago), why not make them do the expression you explicitly wrote out for said character. Example: *Ellie gave MC a sly grin*......put that expression on the characters face while saying what it is the character is doing at the same time(in the text box), and it'll give the players that sense of immersion even more so.

-The only thing I have to say about the pacing, is just speed it up just a bit. There's a lot of dead space in-between days that could've been used for something else.

Now these are just suggestions. You don't have to take anything I wrote out and continue on the way you were. But I just thought I'd add my two cents, cant wait to see what the game becomes in the future. Hopefully I'll be able to change my review to 5 star soon, so don't give up and keep pushing to become the best at your craft.