A request/plea to the game developers

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
Hello dear game developers,
first of all thanks for creating awesome games.

Could you please do me a favour though? For the love of Cthulhu, please set the default volume of whatever engine you use to something sane, like 50% or 30% instead of the 100% it usually is.
I realise that I can lower the sound from the settings after the game's first start, but that first heart attack doesn't go back, neither can I unbleed my ears from the sheer volume of sound.
I tried a game earlier and I'm still recovering from the heart attack the splash screen induced.
I also realise I may be the only one with this problem, but I had to get it out of my chest.

Thanks for reading.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Was it RPGM? in my experience, RPGM = ear rape, especially if it's a Japanese game. Literally have to lower it to 20% to be tolerable.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
You do know you can adjust the volume on your computer.

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
I'll consider it. I can adjust the default sound to 75% in the code, and this is very interesting considering I just implemented sound.

Yeah, my issue is that since the games by default ship with 100% volume, if there is a startup video/splash screen/menu music the first time the game runs they produce an ear splitting screech.
He actually means that you can adjust the volume of your PC here:
1621289145284.png
You can also use the mixer.