A "serious" JRPG-style erotic game

Psychopomp

Jan 12, 2018
Quick question: What would you guys think about a JRPG style text-game with a serious plot, serious (and maybe challenging) gameplay, with classes, tons characters to form a party with and so on? Imagine something like a Trials in Tainted Space meets Final Fantasy, for example.
A fantasy erotic world where most things lead to sex and maybe even with mechanics related to lust or something like that, but with a more serious and focused plot divided in arcs/sagas/chapters instead of being fully open-ended and arguably unending like TiTS (but, of course, with tons of sidequests, freedom of exploration and all that jazz outside of the important points, the famous Points of no return).

Also, bonus quirky question (you don't need to answer that one if you don't have an opinion on it): I was talking with a friend of mine which might work with me on this game about it, and we decided to give the main character a backstory and a very basic personality which the player could develop along the game, because it fits with the theming of "we're going for a real plot here" aspect of it. Of course, he/she'll still be mainly 90% customizable but that doesn't matter right now. The real debate was about: Narration. We were thinking of making the whole story be narrated in the first person, from his/her perspective, like, say, the Percy Jackson books, with very occasional shifts to other characters and their own first-person perspective when some event like a party split happens. What do you guys think about that? Would a third person perspective be better? An Omniscient narrator maybe? Or even referring to the character which is the focus of the chapter as "You" like TiTS does, 'cause of the famous self-insertion?

Lemme know :)

Reactions: DaClown