[R>Programmer] Paid A team looking for a competent renpy+python programmer, long-term

Mar 2, 2020
Hey there!
We're a team of a writer, an artist, an investor/marketeer and a generalist (me) looking for a renpy+python programmer.
Our team members have varied previous experience in matters of game development, here's me: https://f95zone.to/threads/freelance-artist-writer-editor-ui-sfx-game-dev-for-hire.87514/
The rest of the team was/is involved in diff. projects mostly doing their parts as hired workers.

2.png

The Game
It's gonna be a female protag corruption vn-like set on a modern, inhabited island, with a spin on the corruption part & a mild fantasy element.
Even though we've some assets acquired & the game's general summary/story arc developed, we're currently at a design stage.
The game's gonna be a renpy VN with little gameplay mix-ins:
- map navigation
- events/quest-likes
- simple time tracking
- possibly collectables/some kinds of progressing stats
- possibly tiny mini-games

We're looking for
A long-term (think a year+) renpy+python programmer with prev. experience doing low-to-average complexity renpy games. You'll be building the entire game's architecture ground-up, then it's mostly coding the necessary tech feats & maintaining existing ones. You'll most likely not be required to just add content — there's either me or the rest of the gang for that. However, it depends on whether the systems you'll set up are friendly to be worked by another person, thus a previous teamwork experience will be a heavy +.

3.png

Pay & Time
Mind you, I'm a hired part of the team, thus my payroll ramblings might be slightly off:
200$ a month as a starting point. The rest is negotiable, and you'll be negotiating it with a different person, our investor/marketeer guy. You might even try going share on top of the fixed rates or the like.
As for timeframes, the higher involvement you can allow, the better. You won't have your backside ridden, there's always me or other team members to help out / distribute loads.
We're looking at having a playable 0.1 in ~two months, so guess that puts us at a few hours per week.

123.png

Additional info
  • You'll have to show some code. A word is a word, but it'd be very disappointing to end up with someone of lacking competence on board
  • You won't be cashed out per-feat or per-hour, this is a game development team looking for a person on board, not a one-shot commission request
  • There's a short summary doc listing themes, fetishes & general story arc that you can familiarize yourself with, you'll get a link via discord
  • It'd be a bonus if you were an enthusiastic person who wouldn't mind (or even looked forward to) dipping their toes in the design process, since team members' involvement boosts end product quality
  • We'll run the project on a GitHub repo, so it's kinda implicit you're familiar w/it. Even if you're not, it's like an evening and a coffee cup to learn it
  • We're using Google Drive for docs/some assets, so expect that, just in case
  • Any coordination will be run via discord server & dedicated channels

If you're interested, contact me via discord: themaskedman#2071

Contact anytime, even if I'm offline or the like.
This thread will be bumped a few times a week till the slot is filled.
Stay thirsty.