VN - Ren'Py - A Touch of Magic [v19-11-2023] [First Sin, JAD]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Quetzzz

Version EA 2024/01/26

“A Touch of Magic” is currently very short, with about an hour of playtime. Additionally, only 2 out of 6 achievements can be unlocked (checked the source code to validate this).
    In its current form, this content is what a demo should've been. But, that said, I'm seeing potential.

The current game hints at a world with lore and a rich history, though it's too soon to say if this writer can make it stand out. I have the impression that the writer tried to force some references into the story to indicate this, but this didn't have the desired effect on me.

Example:
    “I get that Ammuntadoris are extremely dangerous, but they wouldn't betray their lord.”
    “They would risk a fight against the Erinyes.”
    “And your Aegis would make it nearly impossible.”

These three lines are said after each other, with no real explanation of who or what it's about. At least 'Aegis' is explained through context later on.
    My main worry with this is that this is an Early Access game, as such it'll take months for the next update to come along. By that time, players will have forgotten these references.

I've found one sex scene in the current content where the MC got a BJ. This scene happens across a few renders with both people being entirely silent. Except for the woman saying “Not a single drop wasted.” there was no indication that ejaculation happened. This silence could be in-line with the main character's personality, but then writing out a thought like “Let's see how she handles me climaxing unexpectedly;” would've added something to this scene.

The renders themselves look good with plenty of attention to detail. However, most renders look washed-out, as if the gamma setting was too high.

All things considered, I do think this game shows promise. However, for its current price, I suggest waiting, unless you want to support an up-and-coming dev with your disposable income.

Suggestions:
    - Try to edit the renders in photoshop to make them less bright/foggy.
    - Add a “lore book” where names and terms are explained, and make these words clickable in the text. This way players can easily look up words that are unfamiliar, or they have difficulty remembering after a new update.
    - Show us more of the MC's motivation and thought process. If he knew who delivered the poison, why didn't he immediately call for their whereabouts?
    - Please, don't fall in the trap of lore and world building without meaning. If “Ammuntadoris” aren't relevant, we don't need to know what or who they are. Suppose they only come into play in Chapter 4, it's too soon to introduce them now.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

darkside319

In the first phase, when I enter the game on the main window, the animation lags, and secondly, the story and content is very short, resembling more a demo than a game. There are many things to improve, I'm waiting to see the new updates and I have time to change my mind.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

anonymousguys

This is promising!!

Pro
    - Albino girl finally!!! I have been waiting for Albino girl to happen in AVN industry and here I got her
    - Render is beautiful
    - Story still short but it's interesting start
    - Many good looking girl

Cons
    - Sex scene is not animated and can improved the timing, shot and sex dialogue too
    - BG music isn't fit the story and scene

Thanks for a good work! can't wait for more