Adaptis

Oct 19, 2017
I meant like, from what I've understood, it looks like Jane stole Mrs. Smith from you. So now you're just their talking dildo.
What I got from it was just some friendly sibling rivalry but not to the point where it feels like the Mrs is choosing her over you or Jane is choosing her over you, some friendly teasing since that is how she usually is, you're still getting both of them so I've never felt like she was stealing the the Mrs from you in the first place, in the beginning you bonded with her, and then she bonded with her and later it all came together with the 3 of them.
I just hope later on we get more time with both of them, one on one and all together along with revisiting those scenes.

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
Added some random useful info to the FAQ. Eventually, I’m planning to make a list of known optional scenes you can miss / random encounters and how to trigger them. That is a bit too ambitious at the moment, though.

Also added the link to Geeseki’s development tracker. Don’t know why that isn’t in the OP already.

General Info:
- Password for 30c is pumpkinsplice
- I recommend cheating since grinding for money/stats does not add anything to the game right now.
- There is a single scene requiring a specific stat amount: Moving around the various beach areas can trigger a random encounter requires ~14 current points in luck. If your max is higher, you have to use up some luck during other encounters beforehand or use the cheat menu to reduce it.
- Development tracker:
- Scenes are typically added without complete art first, which is then added over the next few updates. Seeing incomplete assets means a route it nearly over. Also, sex scenes are often added before the story reaches that far and can just be triggered whenever you want.
- The mom and sis routes feel complete. The Lashley route is extremely incomplete with no sex scenes integrated into the story. If you are patient you may want to wait until v32, which is when it will receive more art assets and perhaps more story.
- The sex world is mostly a background force/nemesis for the plot so far. Don’t expect much direct interaction with it.

Speaking of the development: Seems like we are getting a new Jane, lifeguard and Officer Mina scene soon. I’m guessing at least the Mina scene will be another scene that can just randomly be triggered, but hopefully the other two will be properly integrated. I continue to be baffled at the lack of more Patreon-voted Sex World content.

Also, it seems that there will be basically no new scenes aside from the main story, which will be without art again. Also, they seem to plan on letting you give characters gifts, which I hope will not just be a cheap way to transform money into affection. At least he seems to plan on adding a lot of art to the existing scenes…

Looking forward to more Lashley in 32. I dislike the cliff it currently ends at.

Edit:
"GeeSeki moved Create Main Story Assets from Things to Do (Alpha 0.31) to Things to Do (Alpha 0.32)"

Turns out there might just be more writing without any a fixed art after all… At least they seem to be working on a good dozen bug reports now.

Last edited:

grimGajo

Jul 14, 2020
Great game Bloo

Take your time, and don't forget to drink water and to eat and sleep propperly; wouldn't want you getting sick or some nasty shit

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
For the life of me, I can't figure this out. Where does each file go?
If you unpack the patch, you should have a folder named "game", right?
If you then open the "ATownUncovered…" folder you should see another folder titled "game".

These two folders with the exact same name are supposed to be merged. E.g. copy the patch folder over the folder that is already there.

Samhill

Nov 2, 2020
They don't merge for me. One replaces the other and the game won't launch. Do all the files go at the top level (game>hud for example), or do one or two of the files go deeper?

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
In that case I recommend just playing the vanilla game without the patch. Actually, that should have been my suggestion in any case since the patch was for 30a and the version in the OP is 30c. There’s a good chance the patch would not have done anything for you anyway. The common bugs are not that bad anyway.

Moreover, you might want to google how to merge folders on your OS. This is a very basic function that should work out of the box. It is also frequently required by patches for other games so you will probably encounter the same issue in the future.

RulleR

Dec 9, 2019
Hello! Yesterday, it seems that the update A Town Uncovered 30d was released, there is a bug fixed in the living room at night and something else.

Samhill

Nov 2, 2020
In that case I recommend just playing the vanilla game without the patch. Actually, that should have been my suggestion in any case since the patch was for 30a and the version in the OP is 30c. There’s a good chance the patch would not have done anything for you anyway. The common bugs are not that bad anyway.
Somehow I didn't see that. Thanks.

Moreover, you might want to google how to merge folders on your OS. This is a very basic function that should work out of the box. It is also frequently required by patches for other games so you will probably encounter the same issue in the future.
I looked it up and I have to do something different than everyone else.

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
Been testing the Steam version which apparently is now 30d with bugfixes…

Good news: The dreaded "leave them be" message won’t bother players any more.
Bad news: In typical hamfisted fashion, the entire step seems to have been removed. The message doesn’t play even when it should and the route never ever advances.

So congrats, if you play 30d the route will just directly end after seeing Jane and the mother in the living room without even a hint that something is wrong…

I tried to "fix" the route by skipping again, which let me continue with the bedroom scene. After that I was stuck again. So I skipped once more, which let me trigger the bathroom scene… Then I was stuck again, with the breakfast scene not triggering despite being at the correct "chapter". Since skipping there would move me past the scene I didn’t bother.

In sum, don’t bother downloading 30d. It’s actually worse than 30c as far as the route goes since first-time players won’t even know that something is wrong.

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
Been testing the Steam version which apparently is now 30d with bugfixes…

Good news: The dreaded "leave them be" message won’t bother players any more.
Bad news: In typical hamfisted fashion, the entire step seems to have been removed. The message doesn’t play even when it should and the route never ever advances.

So congrats, if you play 30d the route will just directly end after seeing Jane and the mother in the living room without even a hint that something is wrong…

I tried to "fix" the route by skipping again, which let me continue with the bedroom scene. After that I was stuck again. So I skipped once more, which let me trigger the bathroom scene… Then I was stuck again, with the breakfast scene not triggering despite being at the correct "chapter". Since skipping there would move me past the scene I didn’t bother.

In sum, don’t bother downloading 30d. It’s actually worse than 30c as far as the route goes since first-time players won’t even know that something is wrong.
So it is still broken?

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
So it is still broken?
Yes.

By the way, I’ve looked at how the bug-"fixing" was tracked on Trello. For more than half the bugs, they just added "CANT FIND PROBLEM" [sic] and claimed they were done. Now if only the bug report feature was better and let you directly append saves or at least screenshots of error messages, maybe they would have an easier time finding all the bugs.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: CursedFlame91

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
I
Yes.

By the way, I’ve looked at how the bug-"fixing" was tracked on Trello. For more than half the bugs, they just added "CANT FIND PROBLEM" [sic] and claimed they were done. Now if only the bug report feature was better and let you directly append saves or at least screenshots of error messages, maybe they would have an easier time finding all the bugs.
I am done with this then. I will Check in every now and then but if it don't get fixed soon there will be no chance I will play again.

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
Made a bug report. Make sure to do the same if any of you have the same issue. I fully trust in the power of endless complaints to force people to stop being lazy but it only works if people actually complain. Here’s my report for reference:

I am done with this then. I will Check in every now and then but if it don't get fixed soon there will be no chance I will play again.
"soon" is relative. This game has issues and version 30 has been the biggest bugfest so far. If you have a copy of the game installed make sure to complain before deleting it.

Bug Report said:
The entire Mrs Smith&Jane route is messed up and your "fix" just hides the fact that you are stuck. I played 30d just to check out if it worked, so I used the start from the end of 28 option and continued the Jane+Mom routes.

Feel free to drop by the game’s f95zone thread for more details/specific saves etc.

1) The hint system is disabled. In 30c, the box is just empty. In 30d I though I’d seen it as "Unavailable #[something]", but checking it again it is still empty. In any case, the lack of hints means I have no idea if I’m truly stuck or just cannot figure out how to continue.
2) While the removal of the "leave them be" message means you are no longer softlocked when Jane calls you to the basement, the route still does not continue after the "Passed Out Sister" scene. I had to skip from chapter 2→3.
3) After the Mom Coddling Sister bedroom scene, I was stuck for weeks again. Skipping from 4→5 allowed the bathroom scene to trigger.
4) Despite being at chapter 8, the Eating Mom for Breakfast scene never triggered. (So far, I only got it to trigger once on 30c and once on 30a. The only save from which I can trigger it is the one I did immediately before triggering the scene. Even loading saves from a day before that won’t let me trigger it again.) Skipped again from 8→9
5) On chapter 9, going to the basement triggers the next scene normally, but it also locks the map. This makes sure you have to go back up and meet Mrs Smith, but it never unlocks afterwards.

The remaining few scenes trigger normally, as far as I can tell. Of course, I cannot be sure of that since the hint system does not work.

Last edited:

Kiothcloud

Mar 5, 2019
When I try to do the nudist beach trip with the sister she reminds me to tell her at night but when night arrives idk where she is shes only at home late night but shes already asleep

3.20 star(s) 80 Votes