yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
I believe (and hope) it will be released earlier.
The classroom event is the toughest to render (I guess...) because of the number of models, it takes more time then other scenes to create and render, and he finished this event
This week he should get the two Titan graphics cards, so it should speed up the rendering process.
Of those 43 days, he spent a week or so in Korea, so even if the whole process was linear, it took him 36 working days to complete 43% of the work which means we'll get the update in 48 days from yesterday (September 6).
But the process isn't linear, so my estimate for the release date is the last week of August, which is a little disappointing, but if the number of renders is above 400, I can live with that...
1) He may not have considered this already in his calculations.
2) That is still a "what if". They may not come on time. They may be defective. They may not be easily installed and take additional time to install.
3) If a week already has been taken off in the time so far it's reasonable to assume another week will be taken off before completion.

I hope I am wrong.

nobrumski

Donor
May 27, 2019
I tried searching, but never have much luck with the way this site searches. How do you actually start a new game? I played through once and tried to start a new game, but if I skip it bypasses all choices. If I don't it doesn't let me pick another option even though I am starting from the beginning.

I have tried a fresh directory, skipping the intro, not skipping the intro and yet other than the intro choices everything else is already decided and doesn't give me the option. I have never had this issue with any other VN.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I tried searching, but never have much luck with the way this site searches. How do you actually start a new game? I played through once and tried to start a new game, but if I skip it bypasses all choices. If I don't it doesn't let me pick another option even though I am starting from the beginning.

I have tried a fresh directory, skipping the intro, not skipping the intro and yet other than the intro choices everything else is already decided and doesn't give me the option. I have never had this issue with any other VN.
Check your Preferences. Do you have Skip After Choices selected? If you do, unselect it.

nobrumski

Donor
May 27, 2019
Check your Preferences. Do you have Skip After Choices selected? If you do, unselect it.
Thanks, but I have nothing selected. If I hit skip it just keeps going and doesn't present the first Ivan choice. It is like no matter what I do it thinks I am at the very beginning of the latest save game so everything has already been decided. It is almost like the persistent save automatically loads. I even tried making another copy to another drive and nuking everything in the save folder with the same result. It is just weird since I have never had this issue with any other game.

Even odder if I nuke the save folder on a new copy, load still shows my old saves almost like the game is permanently running in the background.

I even tried loading my initial save at day one and it won't let me make any choices. Guess I will just delete everything and move on if that doesn't work.

Last edited:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Thanks, but I have nothing selected. If I hit skip it just keeps going and doesn't present the first Ivan choice. It is like no matter what I do it thinks I am at the very beginning of the latest save game so everything has already been decided. It is almost like the persistent save automatically loads. I even tried making another copy to another drive and nuking everything in the save folder with the same result. It is just weird since I have never had this issue with any other game.

Even odder if I nuke the save folder on a new copy, load still shows my old saves almost like the game is permanently running in the background.

I even tried loading my initial save at day one and it won't let me make any choices. Guess I will just delete everything and move on if that doesn't work.
You probably didn't delete the saves.They are on c/users/the name of user/appdata/roaming/ren'py

Matt1

Nov 4, 2017
Ever since he implemented the tracking
Math Time...

Let's assume that "creating and rendering scenes is 85% of the time" they use the word "work", but for arguments sake work = time now...

June 7th was last release. 43 days before this report yesterday on the 20th.

Created Scenes = 60%
Rendered Scenes = 35%

Art Edited in PS = 30%
Programming & Translation = 0%

85% = 60+35 = 95/200 x 0.85 = (40.375% of total work)

15% = 30+0=30/200 x 0.15 = (2.25% of total work)

42.625% of total work is completed! Lets just round that to 43...

So if after 43 days we are 43% complete it is not for 100 days it will be complete... or 57 days from yesterday.

Sunday, September 15, 2019 is the projected release date for v0.085
Good numbers. There are 3 variable though to consider regarding the progress to date"

1. Developer was out of the country for an amount of days in Korea. That would delay progress.

2. Developer had to stop and make changes to appease Patreon. That would delay progress.

3. As someone mentioned, the classroom per the developer was tedious to do.

My prediction based on my math is approximately August 22nd vs. your prediction of September 15th. Guess we will see, but think we will both agree hopefully we are both wrong and it comes much sooner than either of us think. :)

EDIT: roro, I typed my response before seeing your point about #1 but we were thinking the same thing. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: roro

TNT3

Sep 1, 2017
thank you so much for the game really enjoying it the story is great love the graphics looking forward to the next part

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Ever since he implemented the tracking

Good numbers. There are 3 variable though to consider regarding the progress to date"

1. Developer was out of the country for an amount of days in Korea. That would delay progress.

2. Developer had to stop and make changes to appease Patreon. That would delay progress.

3. As someone mentioned, the classroom per the developer was tedious to do.

My prediction based on my math is approximately August 22nd vs. your prediction of September 15th. Guess we will see, but think we will both agree hopefully we are both wrong and it comes much sooner than either of us think. :)

EDIT: roro, typed my response before seeing your point about #1 but we were thinking the same thing. :)
Sorry but there is no way to come this month for sure and I realy doubt we can expect it in first half of August.
My guess is that the release will be somewhere between your predictions guys-22 August/15 September

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Is this game dead?
When will the new update be released?
Apparently it is not dead, but no one knows for sure when it will be updated. The developer needed to alter the game to comply with Patreon dictates. Every indication is, though, that the game will be continued.

Don't be deterred by people who are just tired of seeing this question pop up. :)

Reactions: cerebotio2

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Some things come to my mind...

Why is there no 0.0825? The updates have been coming in quarter days for a while, why the sudden ramp up back to half days, but also taking way longer?

Landlady... Is someone going to make a patch to restore things to the original story?

Landlady doesn't really work for the purposes of this story. However, there is another possible storyline here that avoids incest & the Landlady. Other than a landlady I have a better idea that can improve some elements of the story, however it would require some later on minor story changes (such as a wedding), re-rendering the little kids flash back scene to have a woman other than Sophia (the kid's mother).

How does this sound for a story changer: Backstory is Liam was married to a woman, let's call her Kelly, that name doesn't matter she isn't really in the story can be whatever. Kelly was originally married to Liam and is the mother of the two kids. She got cancer though... Maybe do a little backstory perhaps Sophia was her in-home nurse (She is currently working as a nurse in a side job caring for the elderly so why the fuck not?), and she was like a part of the family. After the kid's mom died Sophia and Liam started dating and got engaged. They have never had sex yet and Sophia is an engaged virgin... May as well make Sophia a virgin since she isn't getting any dick... "Good Wife" becomes "Good Fiance"... Sophia's sister is now her "Best friend". The whole story works better this way. Maybe call it "The Engagement" Also Sohpia's age can now be dropped down as well, she doesn't need to be pushing 40 now, and she can be in her mid-20s. She doesn't look older than that anyhow. Her being a virgin / engaged & younger could potentially add to the story.

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017
i like the other name i read in the fanart forum A Teacher and Landlady ;)
@yihman1 good idea but that turn sophia into their stepmom and patreon dont like that too:cry: that´s why everybody used the "landlady-lord"

Last edited:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
lol.
The game progress is slow, but updates are steady.
Actualy that was truth previous year,not 2019:(
Some things come to my mind...

Why is there no 0.0825? The updates have been coming in quarter days for a while, why the sudden ramp up back to half days, but also taking way longer?

Landlady... Is someone going to make a patch to restore things to the original story?

Landlady doesn't really work for the purposes of this story. However, there is another possible storyline here that avoids incest & the Landlady. Other than a landlady I have a better idea that can improve some elements of the story, however it would require some later on minor story changes (such as a wedding), re-rendering the little kids flash back scene to have a woman other than Sophia (the kid's mother).

How does this sound for a story changer: Backstory is Liam was married to a woman, let's call her Kelly, that name doesn't matter she isn't really in the story can be whatever. Kelly was originally married to Liam and is the mother of the two kids. She got cancer though... Maybe do a little backstory perhaps Sophia was her in-home nurse (She is currently working as a nurse in a side job caring for the elderly so why the fuck not?), and she was like a part of the family. After the kid's mom died Sophia and Liam started dating and got engaged. They have never had sex yet and Sophia is an engaged virgin... May as well make Sophia a virgin since she isn't getting any dick... "Good Wife" becomes "Good Fiance"... Sophia's sister is now her "Best friend". The whole story works better this way. Maybe call it "The Engagement" Also Sohpia's age can now be dropped down as well, she doesn't need to be pushing 40 now, and she can be in her mid-20s. She doesn't look older than that anyhow. Her being a virgin / engaged & younger could potentially add to the story.
We have only twice so far 1/4 day in an update.
Initialy we was having 1 day per update but downgrade to 1/2 day per update.

Yeah the tennant won't work at all.All the things with Aiden and Bennett are completely out of place if Dylan is not her son.No landlady will even care in both situations to that extent.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
The problem with a "Landlady" is that a landlord/lady typically does not live with their Tennant. Nor do they act in a parental way towards them. A nurse who has been around the family for some years, and is engaged to the father may act "motherly". Neither of the kids has a job either... So how would they even pay rent, and how come they would move half way across the country with a landlord? I have rented several homes in my life and known several other people who have rented homes. 0 of them ever lived with a landlord. "Roommates" ya sure, but not a "landlord". Landlord =/= roommate

3.40 star(s) 486 Votes