F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
That's why I said in my first post that the most people don't know that some TVs labeled as 4K don't give you a 4k image in full size, because of the TV size, it's a marketing strategy. 4K means 2160p, that is the double than 1080p. So, if I have a 1080p TV of 37", which gives me full 1080p definition, a 4K TV should be the double at least, 74".

Look, I have a 47" 4K curve Samsung TV. I observed there both sample images that I shared, the 4k one and the 1440p one, and I tell you both images look perfectly defined. There's no significant diferences, because none of the images lacks definition, both are completely nitid. I can watch 1440p with almos full definition in my 4k TV because the TV isn't that big. But, in a 75" 4K TV the 1440p will lose significant definition, and the 4K image will not lose anything, then you can perceive significant differences.

Something else, besides the resolution and definition, there's HDR, which is relative to colours. Something that my 4K TV has. I put it in this way, I perceive more differences between a 4k HDR image and a 4K image, than a 4k image and a 1440p image. The thing is that not all 4K movies or videos have HDR. But when you watch something in HDR the experience is marvellous, the image is richer in colour tones, the three dimensionality increases, the image has more depth. That's the principal quality of my 4K TV, but HDR (high dynamic range) has nothing to do with resolution or definition, it's about colours, lights and shadows.

I understand that you F4iunyl3x are trying to upscale 720p to 4k, and you certainly increased the definition. But I'm being honest here, you didn't reach the definition of a 4K nor a 1440p in the first images you showed us, so you shouldn't call them 4K nor 1440p images, I think that you don't even reach the definition of a 1080p in none of those first images, despite of the resolutions they have. If you give us an image that hasn't the 1080p definition and sell us as a 4k image, it's like you were cheating. I understand that it could be very difficult, but you shoud go step by step, based in the first images that you shared, you are far away of achieving a 4k image. That's why I compared your upscaled images to those standard 4k images I found in the web. I used my 1080p TV and not the 4K one for that, because is the TV that I have connected to the PC, but it doesn't matter really.

Edit: In my previous post I didn't notice that the forum didn't allow me to upload the sample image in 4K, the original resolution is 5000x2160, and was converted automatically to a lower resolution. It seems that you can't surpass 3840 here. But still I did the test with the original images and there are not significant differences between the 1440p image and the 4K image in a 47" 4K TV.
You say that my pictures are not in 4k: They don't have certainly the same quality I agree with this, but ... they are composed by 3840 pixels in width by 2160 pixels in height. So, this IS a 4k picture. You're quite confusing because you keep mixing up terms like definition, detail and overall quality.
i also wanted to show that AI upscale can do (a little) better than upscale previous methods.
The main advantage is that AI upscale is a soft and "non-invasive" process that does not alter much the overall appearance of the picture and keep original details that L&P created in his game.
This being said, it has its limits because at this point AI can't create new details from out of nowhere :unsure:
To create a "real 4k picture" like you said, we'd have to re-render each picture or wait for a miracle AI software :LOL:
Anyway, thanks for taking the time to make a detailed response. (y)

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
I think when the Dylan "roadmap" came out someone used the term, which is why I use it now. What I find curious about the Dylan roadmap is that it is the only one we have that includes up to the final day, and that in the final 12 days, half of them have no Dylan events. Which implies that even if you don't send Dylan to boarding school, towards the end of the game we won't see much of Dylan. And this final 12 day point is right after you have another opportunity to end Aiden's tasks
Where did you get the information? It isn’t right. I’ve asked him. He mentioned he changed few things with him. And Dylan will have on almost all days an event. Similar to Ellie. Dylan is the main character before Ellie and (than) Sam.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Where did you get the information? It isn’t right. I’ve asked him. He mentioned he changed few things with him. And Dylan will have on almost all days an event. Similar to Ellie. Dylan is the main character before Ellie and (than) Sam.
It is apparently from earlier this year (Jan 18), I just don't have something I can quote to verify anything differently. I've been using the information from here. I love to use patron quotes, so by all means, if you ever have a quote from L&P that contradicts what I say, by everything holy please use it.

As an example, the information I have about the Ellie route is about 2 years old, and woefully incomplete. It doesn't have the information for anything after day 29. I would love anything more recent. Or anything on the Sam or Patricia routes.

Of course he'll change things. He says he might do it in the sources I quote, if anyone bothered to check. But as someone that's not a patron, I just don't have access to the posts that say he's changed things. Provide more up to date information and I'll gladly use it.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
If you're going to be so slow, don't do this job. You have no right to make people wait so long. You think they're doing witcher 4.
He can do what the hell he wants with his game and as for your rights concerning his game "YOU HAVE NONE".
You are getting this game for free and like a spoilt little brat you moan,so go and play with one of your other toys.
Another kid who thinks that the world owes them

Last edited:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
It is apparently from earlier this year (Jan 18), I just don't have something I can quote to verify anything differently. I've been using the information from here. I love to use patron quotes, so by all means, if you ever have a quote from L&P that contradicts what I say, by everything holy please use it.

As an example, the information I have about the Ellie route is about 2 years old, and woefully incomplete. It doesn't have the information for anything after day 29. I would love anything more recent. Or anything on the Sam or Patricia routes.

Of course he'll change things. He says he might do it in the sources I quote, if anyone bothered to check. But as someone that's not a patron, I just don't have access to the posts that say he's changed things. Provide more up to date information and I'll gladly use it.
That info for Dylan was from september 2018 actually.At the same time as Ellie's route.
I want a roadmap with Aiden's tasks and another one about Dylan/Ellie

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Why is there suffix "-crunched-fixed" in directory names? Might it be because of some antivirus activity?
No idea as I have never played the crunched version as I always do the full download,try it out and if not try the full version.
What are you using to open A wife and mother?

3.40 star(s) 484 Votes