ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
You say that my pictures are not in 4k: They don't have certainly the same quality I agree with this, but ... they are composed by 3840 pixels in width by 2160 pixels in height. So, this IS a 4k picture. You're quite confusing because you keep mixing up terms like definition, detail and overall quality.
i also wanted to show that AI upscale can do (a little) better than upscale previous methods.
The main advantage is that AI upscale is a soft and "non-invasive" process that does not alter much the overall appearance of the picture and keep original details that L&P created in his game.
This being said, it has its limits because at this point AI can't create new details from out of nowhere :unsure:
To create a "real 4k picture" like you said, we'd have to re-render each picture or wait for a miracle AI software :LOL:
Anyway, thanks for taking the time to make a detailed response. (y)
Talking about resolution and definition isn't mixing concepts, both qualities should be syntonized. I can export a 240p image in a 3840x2160 resolution, that would make it a 4K image? No, that's why there are terms like HD, high definition, FULL HD and ULTRA HD when you refer to the different resolutions.

I don't want to sound rude, but if you said that you need another kind of software to create a 4K image with its respective definition, then you simply can't create or remaster images to 4K. It's out of your possibilities right now. Some movies have been remastered to 4k, for example, the anime Akira, which its original resolution was maybe 480p. Did they need to draw everything again or they used a 'miracle' software as you said? That's something you need to investigate if you want to be able to transform images to that resolution and definition?

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
the renders might be what takes a bit of time to do not sure his gpu and pc specs are but it has to be something thats good since i think he renders at 1080p but yea half a day for 5 mounts seems very bad when other vn on this site would have way more content
Not entirely true that L&P's PC spec is good by the quality of the renders, new renders/images I been doing are very good, but my PC doesn't have an Nvidia graphics card, so takes me longer than those with one of them, as they can use GPU to render, am stuck with CPU.

I don't know the setup used by L & P, clearly, its good enough to do renders but possible it takes up to 3 hours (or longer) to render each image, as he may have a low-end NVidia graphics card or be like me, not have an Nvidia graphics card.

Spin256

Mothers and Daughters
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Not entirely true that L&P's PC spec is good by the quality of the renders, new renders/images I been doing are very good, but my PC doesn't have an Nvidia graphics card, so takes me longer than those with one of them, as they can use GPU to render, am stuck with CPU.

I don't know the setup used by L & P, clearly, its good enough to do renders but possible it takes up to 3 hours (or longer) to render each image, as he may have a low-end NVidia graphics card or be like me, not have an Nvidia graphics card.

L&P has stated he has 2 x Titan RTX GPUs with 24 GB VRAM

Reactions: Notretsam

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
L&P has stated he has 2 x Titan RTX GPUs with 24 GB VRAM
well if he has that, then he deff should be able to render faster than me, but he most likely rendering in higher quality than am doing, so still maybe take 3 hours for him to render an image.

• Wow
Reactions: Bahraini

Ajavrick

May 25, 2020
He can do what the hell he wants with his game and as for your rights concerning his game "YOU HAVE NONE".
You are getting this game for free and like a spoilt little brat you moan,so go and play with one of your other toys.
Another kid who thinks that the world owes them
Just someone got hooked on this game so that this game has become more than just a game for them...

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
well if he has that, then he deff should be able to render faster than me, but he most likely rendering in higher quality than am doing, so still maybe take 3 hours for him to render an image.
The majority of the time is NOT spent processing the renders, it's spent placing figures in the scene, bending the neck three degrees left, no, maybe two degrees left, is the hand gripping the [whatever] tight enough? No, it should be tilted - and it's not really that heavy so the grip would be closer to the fingertips than the middle part of the fingers. From this angle the head should actually be tilted four degrees to the right (not left!), and maybe just tilt it a bit down. OK, so that means figure two needs to have their eyes looking a bit more upwards. And figure three needs [two dozen minor] adjustments based on the latest adjustments. And now the light source needs to be ... And the camera angle needs to be ...

L&P is a perfectionist. The game, and all of us, are the beneficiaries.

Rejoice.

humanno21

Dec 4, 2019
Rejoice.
:eek:
What a mind job.

Again, nobody is answering question that I am asking all the time, why does it take longer now then a year or two ago? Shouldn't dev be like more experienced and all...? So now he became more perfectionist then before somehow? And why?
And now he mentioned that some other devs are getting 10 times more money? Maybe one or two and their games have abundance of sex content.
So he wants more money, again...

roro

May 29, 2017
:eek:
What a mind job.

Again, nobody is answering question that I am asking all the time, why does it take longer now then a year or two ago? Shouldn't dev be like more experienced and all...? So now he became more perfectionist then before somehow? And why?
And now he mentioned that some other devs are getting 10 times more money? Maybe one or two and their games have abundance of sex content.
So he wants more money, again...
Two years ago updates were done faster because there were less renders per update. I remember several updates with 400-500 renders that took 1.5-2 months. And now he already made more then 1000 renders for the upcoming update in less than 3.5 months, so it's still 250-300 renders per month.

Reactions: Notretsam
3.40 star(s) 486 Votes