bayrischman

Feb 27, 2021
it's always a money problem, if it weren't, it wouldn't be necessary for L&P to stay on patreon or sponsor its game.
his is a business like many others, he is exploiting it well.
is good? yes very much his technique and his renderings are exceptional, I really like his work.
is slow? Yes.
we can do something? no.
Will we die without seeing the end of her game? who cares.
yes

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I concur with both of you. Good points made here. L&P is a perfectionist IMO and that is not a bad thing. He is also a compelling artist. We are here because we enjoy his work. Just a look at the fan art thread shows the interest in his work.

The concern of abandonment is valid. Anyone who followed Foot of the Mountain saw the last release (A large cut scene, that does not always pop up for the player) as exactly that situation. The Dev was done in his mind and just tossed the cut scene so he could move on to his next project. That recent experience does concern me as Amcienregimele has presented so clearly.

If L&P is able to get this update out and then proceeds to smaller updates at a higher rate, or finds acceptable support that accelerates production, he will answer many critics and assuage many concerns.
I am afraid that if he split each day on more than 3 parts,we will wait much more for completion of a single day.
I had also hoped for a end of month release.PS could be done be done by the 21st so that will leave him 10 days for translation.
Then he will have to update the walkthrough and maybe then finally he can upload the game.
I bet that the text he must translate now is much more than what was suppose to be back at the start of 2021.After we get more than 100% more renders.

Reactions: legolasbaler

cloudstrife

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
If he could find someone just to render around half the images that would save time, he could still pose them all so he knows that each image is exactly the way he wants it, then send some to another person to render. That way he's not waiting around for images to render but doesn't have to worry that they won't meet his expectations, that would probably shave a few weeks or so off each production cycle, just a thought.

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
There are plenty of native English speakers and I wonder why they don't do an alternative translation of a scene in the game.
A scene with Sophia (educated woman), a young man/young woman (a mix with slang) and a less educated one (subway thug).
Jude6 (his/her/their ;) patch is here ) did a very nice re-work of the dialogues for the previous update. I've just looked at the diff with the original and even if I'm not a native speaker I can see the difference. Not that it changes dramatically the enjoyability of the game (again, for me, a non native speaker) but when you see the difference you can't help but notice the subtle differences that make the dialogues more "natural".
Translation is an art itself, google or DeepL can give you a meaningful translation for a document, phrase by phrase. But it will never (or at least not yet) catch the differences between languages, idioms and cultures. L&P pointed it out with the example about Alyssa's age:
Alyssa is definitely over 30! I'm translating the game from GER to ENG and some things you can't translate with the same sense 1:1. In German you'd say ironically "Naja, ich bin schon etwas älter als 21!" with an emphasis on "schon". But the word "schon" is not really existing in English in such a context. There's a technical term for such an ironical verbal understatement of something what is usually meant totally different, but I can't remember now! Generally women don't like telling their real age so I didn't want to reveal it because of that and also like a stylistic device. I thought that if the young characters should be between 16 and 18 you would guess that she has to be at least 32! I got also a native speaker who's editing the text. He could also express some things simplified, what can lose the sense of what I usually meant. I changed it and Alyssa says now "I'm significantly older than 21".

If L&P is able to get this update out and then proceeds to smaller updates at a higher rate, or finds acceptable support that accelerates production, he will answer many critics and assuage many concerns.
He mentioned that he's going to add an update button to download only the update.
That **could** go in the direction of having smaller and more frequent updates which could be nice. But I don't know if he is thinking about that, he could already have done this (smaller and more frequent updates), it won't change much his way of working. Or we will risk to have 997 renders for a single event :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jude6 and nexer

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I am afraid that if he split each day on more than 3 parts,we will wait much more for completion of a single day.

I bet that the text he must translate now is much more than what was suppose to be back at the start of 2021.After we get more than 100% more renders.
I agree with you since the Dev was asked about the chances of a Dylan/Patricia relationship and we where told it was very very slim to no chance at all of that happening but the yoga event it seems not so slim now.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
If he could find someone just to render around half the images that would save time, he could still pose them all so he knows that each image is exactly the way he wants it, then send some to another person to render. That way he's not waiting around for images to render but doesn't have to worry that they won't meet his expectations, that would probably shave a few weeks or so off each production cycle, just a thought.
I'm not sure if you saw this quote from him, but it pretty much explains why he can't or won't have others help with the rendering process.

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-115-lust-passion.5944/post-5755783

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Jude6 (his/her/their ;) patch is here ) did a very nice re-work of the dialogues for the previous update. I've just looked at the diff with the original and even if I'm not a native speaker I can see the difference. Not that it changes dramatically the enjoyability of the game (again, for me, a non native speaker) but when you see the difference you can't help but notice the subtle differences which makes the dialogues more "natural".
Translation is an art itself, google or DeepL can give you a meaningful translation for a document, phrase by phrase. But it will never (or at least not yet) catch the differences between languages, idioms and cultures. L&P pointed it out with the example about Alyssa's age:

He mentioned that he's going to add an update button to download only the update.
That **could** go in the direction of having smaller and more frequent updates which could be nice. But I don't know if he is thinking about that, he could already have done this (smaller and more frequent updates), it won't change much his way of working. Or we will risk to have 997 renders for a single event :ROFLMAO:
He is still thinking about the patch and maybe update after next we will see the patch update

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Would it blow your mind away if it could end up being a Sophia/Patricia/Dylan triangle????
No. I only mentioned this to show how much the story has changed since Patricia has already mentioned that Carl is ok with her fooling a round as long as no dick goes near her pussy.
This could open up some interesting situations concerning Dylan/Carl/Sophia/Patricia/Liam, since Liam does not like Carl.

Last edited:

RUSSIAN MAFIA

Feb 26, 2019
Friends! Imagine if the series is washed down by the game: Wife and Mother! It will be a plague! ^) + make the game like an interactive game.... :):love::unsure::coffee:

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
No. I only mentioned this to show how much the story has changed since Patricia has already mentioned that Carl is ok with her fooling a round as long as no dick goes near her pussy.
This could open up some interesting situations concerning Dylan/Carl/Sophia/Patricia/Liam, since Liam does not like Carl.
No doubt the story has changed now, but his story still continues without it being abandon. I would say it's "Highly Likely" that Carl's rule is going to go out the door. I mean unless he keeping tabs on her, how would he know she would be telling to truth or lie unless she said so. Also, there're hints of a possible Sophia/Patricia/Carl down the road. I guess we will see.

• Hey there
Reactions: Lord_Xanatos

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
No doubt the story has changed now, but his story still continues without it being abandon. I would say it's "Highly Likely" that Carl's rule is going to go out the door. I mean unless he keeping tabs on her, how would he know she would be telling to truth or lie unless she said so. Also, there're hints of a possible Sophia/Patricia/Carl down the road. I guess we will see.
The Sophia/Patricia/Carl thing yes I agree with you but Patricia going behind Carl's back could cost her

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
The Sophia/Patricia/Carl thing yes I agree with you but Patricia going behind Carl's back could cost her
Once again, how? Carl would have to keep tabs on her, or she would have to confess. If that becomes an option for Patricia to full around with another man with or without Sophia's involvement, I guess we would have to see how it plays out.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Lord_Xanatos

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Once again, how? Carl would have to keep tabs on her, or she would have to confess. If that becomes an option for Patricia to full around with another man with or without Sophia's involvement, I guess we would have to see how it plays out.
Yes we will have to wait and see how this plays out

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dr.SigmundFap

I told you so

Jun 25, 2017
What did you use as lighting in this game?
mainly hdri

That wont work and frankly if he wanted to push renders quicker he would just need an iray render farm, which is cheap, but for some reason, he won't use it.
At this point you or anyone here recomending actions that makes the development quicker are wasting your breath. The dev isn't interested in making development quicker.

The slower it gets, the better.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: ann87ra

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Jude6 (his/her/their ;) patch is here ) did a very nice re-work of the dialogues for the previous update. I've just looked at the diff with the original and even if I'm not a native speaker I can see the difference. Not that it changes dramatically the enjoyability of the game (again, for me, a non native speaker) but when you see the difference you can't help but notice the subtle differences that make the dialogues more "natural".
I downloaded it. Let's see where we stand. :)

Reactions: xxxorro

I told you so

Jun 25, 2017
Carl will find out Patricia fooled around and in order to not divorce her he tells her he wants to fuck her sister.
Sophia relutantly saves Patricia's marriage.

3.40 star(s) 484 Votes