Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
So I saw and read through all the talk about the updates and how long we waiting etc, a common complaint we've seen in this thread many times but this time was more civil I thought, so that was cool.

Yeah, I wish updates were faster and wish we could get an update every week or month but that is just not how visual novels work on F95.

I wanted to point out that I don't think some people realize how MASSIVE the last update actually was.

I started saying awhile ago that L&P needed to pull the trigger soon and give people what they wanted, the last update was a MASSIVE step to Sophia being fully corrupted.

I was not looking forward that much to the last update but the sauna scene was great and the Liam office scene was funny but if you actually think of the last update. You realize that Sophia barely knows Vicky and just met Deshawn that day, there are complete strangers in the sauna as well and she sits with her boobs out. Remember when she was in the sauna with Patricia and Ellie, she had to be persuaded to look at the guys, now she is sitting with her boobs out and enjoying it.

Then Sophia has sex in Liam's office after his boss caught her in that outfit, Sophia would have been SO embarrassed there is no way she would have had sex with Liam after his boss caught her dressed like that.

The Sophia from 2 updates ago would have NEVER have done these things, so she is definitely very close to being full-on corrupted as she even questions what is going on with her. Also, I realize there was the prison visit scene but I not seen that yet as I don't do Morella side of AWAM but I believe she flashed her ass to the guy and other people were in the area as well.

All in all, she is VERY close I think.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Is L&P teasing us or the story really requires this slow pace?

My points:

1. Does L&P delay intentionally the sex scenes?

- Alyssa and Sophia had an intense moment during the Sybian's scene and when they were getting closer, L&P decided that the boys should interrump in that exact moment. Same trick that he had already used when Sophia and Ellie were kissing in the shower. Why? We couldn't see not even some kissing and groping between them. Now we need to wait to more other scenes to justify Alyssa and Sophia having sex together.

screenshot.jpg

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Reactions: skullpheonix

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
So I saw and read through all the talk about the updates and how long we waiting etc, a common complaint we've seen in this thread many times but this time was more civil I thought, so that was cool.

Yeah, I wish updates were faster and wish we could get an update every week or month but that is just not how visual novels work on F95.

I wanted to point out that I don't think some people realize how MASSIVE the last update actually was.

I started saying awhile ago that L&P needed to pull the trigger soon and give people what they wanted, the last update was a MASSIVE step to Sophia being fully corrupted.

I was not looking forward that much to the last update but the sauna scene was great and the Liam office scene was funny but if you actually think of the last update. You realize that Sophia barely knows Vicky and just met Deshawn that day, there are complete strangers in the sauna as well and she sits with her boobs out. Remember when she was in the sauna with Patricia and Ellie, she had to be persuaded to look at the guys, now she is sitting with her boobs out and enjoying it.

Then Sophia has sex in Liam's office after his boss caught her in that outfit, Sophia would have been SO embarrassed there is no way she would have had sex with Liam after his boss caught her dressed like that.

The Sophia from 2 updates ago would have NEVER have done these things, so she is definitely very close to being full-on corrupted as she even questions what is going on with her. Also, I realize there was the prison visit scene but I not seen that yet as I don't do Morella side of AWAM but I believe she flashed her ass to the guy and other people were in the area as well.

All in all, she is VERY close I think.
Sophia takes her top off in the Yoga event without thinking about it and only afterwards realises no-one cared, so I think "2 updates ago" isn't quite accurate. If you play the Ellie and Patricia routes the progression makes sense.
Someone just tells him a lot of people will pledge if he speed up the updates
He's got around 270 new patrons since Jan 6 with only 5% progress, so I don't think getting new patrons is an incentive, since he gets them anyway.

Reactions: Old Dog

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Sophia takes her top off in the Yoga event without thinking about it and only afterwards realises no-one cared, so I think "2 updates ago" isn't quite accurate. If you play the Ellie and Patricia routes the progression makes sense.
oof, feeling like you being a bit too picky here. in the yoga event, she was going for a shower, assume that is the scene you referring to. it's a BIG difference from the sauna scene.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
oof, feeling like you being a bit too picky here. in the yoga event, she was going for a shower, assume that is the scene you referring to. it's a BIG difference from the sauna scene.
I have to agree that getting your boobs out in front of three male strangers in the sauna event is different from stripping off in front of females.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Is L&P teasing us or the story really requires this slow pace?

My points:

1. Does L&P delay intentionally the sex scenes?

- Alyssa and Sophia had an intense moment during the Sybian's scene and when they were getting closer, L&P decided that the boys should interrump in that exact moment. Same trick that he had already used when Sophia and Ellie were kissing in the shower. Why? We couldn't see not even some kissing and groping between them. Now we need to wait to more other scenes to justify Alyssa and Sophia having sex together.

View attachment 997986
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What do you think?
I think it's a balancing act. [It's another longish post people]. Some of the greatest writers have crammed their novels, scripts etc., with characters. I do feel, however, that AWAM has too many & have written on this thread a few times about which ones I think should be written out, which storylines ended & so on. This is all a matter of personal opinion, of course. There is an over-arching feature of good story-telling which impinges on all the various characters & storylines whatever that opinion may be & that is pacing. L&P can write well on occasion, as was shown by the Sophia/Alyssa event. [Dylan's legendary cock-blocking powers were in over-drive that day & with Zac's help, he only had to make a sound, not even put in a personal appearance, to destroy the erotic mood & tension that the Dev had created & with adults too. "Jolted" indeed!]. There's a balance to be found between the size of the cast, the number of storylines & pacing, which includes frequency of updates in the case of games/VNs.
I play some games where the updates have the same rate, or are even wider apart, than AWAM but don't forget who's who, or have to check back to see what plot-line has suddenly reappeared. That's because there are fewer all round, so the story is better paced. It's impossible to have the current rate (& size now) of updates & maintain a reasonable pace. Having played a number of games/VNs, I would say that AWAM has the worst pacing of any of them & by quite a distance. Your reference to Nathalie provides a good example. She was introduced as an interesting addition to the wider Parker family circle, presumably as a potential future lover for Sophia but it's been so long since her prescence that I don't really care if we ever see her again, with all due respect to Nathalie fans. Now, I'm sure that we all empathise with L&P's current IT problems, just as we all know how RL issues occur & put the best laid plans on hold. These matters are not the issue here. IMO the game needs an adjustment for its' own good. Whether the huge cast of characters & multiple story branches are there partly for 'milking' purposes, or possibly to fill in space where writer's block might have otherwise occured, I'll leave for others to decide. I do believe, though, that the game is out of balance & that this is something which can & should be fixed & could be in everyone's interest.

Reactions: ashitanojoe
3.20 star(s) 479 Votes