truerty

Dec 30, 2018
Also, I realize there was the prison visit scene but I not seen that yet as I don't do Morella side of AWAM but I believe she flashed her ass to the guy and other people were in the area as well.
She flashed her bare breasts as well, but i don't think anybody else have noticed except Morello's cousin/brother (i forgot which one he is!)

And the sauna scene is something i just can't get my head around to accept that just happened! I play straight incest route and it still don't make sense to me how she went topless before a bunch of strangers she just met.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I have to agree that getting your boobs out in front of three male strangers in the sauna event is different from stripping off in front of females.
Of course it's different. My only point is that it's a progression, and a smoother progression if you're doing the Ellie and Patricia routes. From being uncomfortable naked in front of Patricia in the shower at the gym, to being uncomfortable seeing three guys naked in the shower, to being comfortable naked in front of Ellie, to being caught by Liam naked with Ellie and nothing happened, to being comfortable naked in front of a group of women, to being comfortable naked in front of a women and a group of men.

If Vicky wasn't there, I don't imagine she would have felt comfortable at all.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
And the sauna scene is something i just can't get my head around to accept that just happened! I play straight incest route and it still don't make sense to me how she went topless before a bunch of strangers she just met.
To me it was an important step in the right direction for her corruption.

But that said, I think if the scene had been written better most people wouldn't have had a problem with it. I bitched about it when the update came out, but I'm still upset by it. While not every scene can be like the Ellie/Julia/Sophia pool scene in terms of quality, I think the sauna scene was L&P at his weakest. The entire scene was poorly constructed; the writing was weak, it used the bare minimum renders possible, and overall it felt rushed. I have never felt before that L&P mishandled a scene, but I was never more bored than when clicking through the uninspired sauna scene. While the renders are as nice as ever, the scene really turns into a drag when DeShawn and Sophia have a "conversation". I say "conversation" because really it was just the narrator telling us about their conversation and that it was good. Then, when we finally do get some payoff, it was short and lame even by AWAM standards. I wasn't expecting a full-on sex show, but literally two more renders would have gone a long way. Instead, it was something like 5 renders from when Sophia finds them having sex, to when she interrupts them and they stop.

The scene felt like an encapsulation of every single issue I've ever had with this game.

truerty

Dec 30, 2018

But that said, I think if the scene had been written better most people wouldn't have had a problem with it. I bitched about it when the update came out, but I'm still upset by it. While not every scene can be like the Ellie/Julia/Sophia pool scene in terms of quality, I think the sauna scene was L&P at his weakest. The entire scene was poorly constructed; the writing was weak, it used the bare minimum renders possible, and overall it felt rushed. I have never felt before that L&P mishandled a scene, but I was never more bored than when clicking through the uninspired sauna scene. While the renders are as nice as ever, the scene really turns into a drag when DeShawn and Sophia have a "conversation". I say "conversation" because really it was just the narrator telling us about their conversation and that it was good. Then, when we finally do get some payoff, it was short and lame even by AWAM standards. I wasn't expecting a full-on sex show, but literally two more renders would have gone a long way. Instead, it was something like 5 renders from when Sophia finds them having sex, to when she interrupts them and they stop.

The scene felt like an encapsulation of every single issue I've ever had with this game.
So true. Those are precisely the problems i had with it. Even though I've always wanted L&P to progress faster with his narrative, this one time i wish he had taken it a bit slower.

Reactions: Bane71

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019

When you say "it used the bare minimum renders possible", that's probably intentional. The one complaint that has pervaded this game since the beginning is that it contains a whole bunch of renders that don't lead to sex. Even today I noticed a post asserting that the upcoming update is going to just be walking and talking.

So in terms of characters that patrons barely care about, the Vicky event is likely to be the one that L&P can pare down without it adversely effecting anything. As far as I can tell, doing the scene makes no difference to any of the routes yet. You'd probably need to be playing all four Filthy routes for it to even make sense, much like Sophia's actions in the prison event. Her fantasies about Larry make no sense on the lesbian route, but I imagine make more sense playing the Dylan route with Sophia finding out what MILF means and pondering about gangbangs.

Time will probably tell if L&P can find the right balance between having enough renders to be showing Sophia's progression and storyline (and not telling), with keeping renders down

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
So true. Those are precisely the problems i had with it. Even though I've always wanted L&P to progress faster with his narrative, this one time i wish he had taken it a bit slower.
Oh god no, I do not think it should have been slower. I think it was great that we got progress in the scene. My issue was that the progress was boring, poorly written, and uninspired. Sophia exposing herself and catching Vicky and DeShawn having sex and not being upset by that, those were all good developments. But the exposition during the scene was soooo painfully boring that it was hard to care.

When you say "it used the bare minimum renders possible", that's probably intentional. The one complaint that has pervaded this game since the beginning is that it contains a whole bunch of renders that don't lead to sex. Even today I noticed a post asserting that the upcoming update is going to just be walking and talking.

So in terms of characters that patrons barely care about, the Vicky event is likely to be the one that L&P can pare down without it adversely effecting anything. As far as I can tell, doing the scene makes no difference to any of the routes yet. You'd probably need to be playing all four Filthy routes for it to even make sense, much like Sophia's actions in the prison event. Her fantasies about Larry make no sense on the lesbian route, but I imagine make more sense playing the Dylan route with Sophia finding out what MILF means and pondering about gangbangs.

Time will probably tell if L&P can find the right balance between having enough renders to be showing Sophia's progression and storyline (and not telling), with keeping renders down
I'll admit that I sometimes think L&P is supperflouous with the renders. But this was one time that I thought he went too far in the other direction. I did a deeper analysis of the scene the day after the update was released, but the conversation between DeShawn and Sophia was something like 16 clicks that alternated between two (2!) images. This was after a shorter conversation that was something like 8 clicks between 2 images. For that reason, it was boring to look at. But the writing was even worse because it skipped over the conversation we should have had (one where we learn about Sophia and DeShawn) in order to have a boring conversation where Sophia relates a series of facts that we as the player already know. Yes, she's married. Yes, she's a teacher. Yes, she has kids. Blah blah blah.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Oh god no, I do not think it should have been slower. I think it was great that we got progress in the scene. My issue was that the progress was boring, poorly written, and uninspired. Sophia exposing herself and catching Vicky and DeShawn having sex and not being upset by that, those were all good developments. But the exposition during the scene was soooo painfully boring that it was hard to care.

I'll admit that I sometimes think L&P is supperflouous with the renders. But this was one time that I thought he went too far in the other direction. I did a deeper analysis of the scene the day after the update was released, but the conversation between DeShawn and Sophia was something like 16 clicks that alternated between two (2!) images. This was after a shorter conversation that was something like 8 clicks between 2 images. For that reason, it was boring to look at. But the writing was even worse because it skipped over the conversation we should have had (one where we learn about Sophia and DeShawn) in order to have a boring conversation where Sophia relates a series of facts that we as the player already know. Yes, she's married. Yes, she's a teacher. Yes, she has kids. Blah blah blah.
If the feedback of the Vicky event from patrons isn't great, then L&P will know he overshot the mark, and can correct for the next update. My point is that overshooting and fucking up an event that the majority probably aren't playing anyway, and those that are, probably only doing for completeness isn't going to drastically effect the gameplay of patrons as much as it would if it was a Dylan or Ellie event. And gives him the opportunity to hopefully find a balance in time for the Dylan event upcoming.

guys, stupid question but were the character models changed somehow?
In various ways, yes. Sophia's boob size varies between updates. And Ellie changed hairstyles recently. But L&P has also been changing his post-production lately too.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020

I absolutely agree with you about the sauna scene! L&P blurred the scene and almost ruined it. He was probably in a hurry, but that's no excuse. Wish it could have been a much more interesting, erotic scene.

Jessie

Apr 26, 2017
Well the next update is my last if Dylan don’t get to hit it at least 1 time I’m tired of the tease and please be patient cause I got issues BS developers with less money and equipment are putting out faster and more action too

Captain Bipto

Mar 19, 2019
Well the next update is my last if Dylan don’t get to hit it at least 1 time I’m tired of the tease and please be patient cause I got issues BS developers with less money and equipment are putting out faster and more action too
YEAH... what he said

• Haha
Reactions: Hlextor

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
The only chance of Dylan "hitting it" next update is if Marie makes a surprise appearance. With Sophia, that's not likely for around a decade.

Reactions: Jude6 and cakeny

Captain Bipto

Mar 19, 2019
I don't understand your point. We know for a fact that Sophia won't have any extramarital sex for a few more in-game days. I guess Dylan will make progress with Sophia in the next update, but he won't have sex and that's what Jessie is looking for.
look... no Ellie... there's benny hill scene, naughty school teacher task, some bitch named Emma and DYLAN. Who says itsa fact?

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I don't understand your point. We know for a fact that Sophia won't have any extramarital sex for a few more in-game days. I guess Dylan will make progress with Sophia in the next update, but he won't have sex and that's what Jessie is looking for.
I don't think we can say for certain that Dylan wont have sex next update. At the end of the Yoga event Marie actively shows interest in him, thinking he is a "cutie". He just wont be having sex with Sophia for a while

look... no Ellie... there's benny hill scene, naughty school teacher task, some bitch named Emma and DYLAN. Who says itsa fact?
The dev. L&P himself posted here that Sophia's first sex scene on the Filthy route will be on playable day 19.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I don't think we can say for certain that Dylan wont have sex next update. At the end of the Yoga event Marie actively shows interest in him, thinking he is a "cutie". He just wont be having sex with Sophia for a while

The dev. L&P himself posted here that Sophia's first sex scene on the Filthy route will be on playable day 19.
I'm specifically referring to sex between Sophia and Dylan because that's what Jessie insinuated. But yes, Dylan and Emma could happen.

3.20 star(s) 479 Votes