VN - Others - Completed - A World of Wishes [Final] [Two Trees]

1. 2.00 star(s)

MikesDK

I would barely call this a game, its very short and it should have no sexual content tag, a kiss and a masturbation is hardly what i consider an adult novel.

The story isent bad but its the engine and how its made that makes get more annoying and hard to play, maybe its made like that since its a pretty short game, but the fade-in/fade out stuff is making game 50 times longer then it needed to be and thats just from sitting and waiting for text/dialogs to fade out to see next one...and if you happen to try to speed it up and skip more then you want then theres no rollback function either.

As for animations its meh since there are no sex scenes at all and as for LIs be it girls or guys there are none, same goes for relationships, so there really isent much to come for if you want an adult novel.

Music is pretty decent and fits the game.

I cant recomend this one, to much annoying things that waste your time even if you have max text speed it dosent change the fade out shit that will drive you nuts, same for transition with renders they are slow.

I feel like im being nice giving this 2 stars but renders are well made albeit slow and story isent bad so ill add one for that.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

bigtpsychoboy

I played around an hour. So far I really enjoy the story and atmosphere, but the features (or lack thereof) of the engine it's running on is a major detractor to the experience. In no particular order:

• The screen transitions are super slow and do this fade-in/fade-out thing which is interesting at first, but take forever. You can't speed up the transitions either.
    • Hitting ESC doesn't bring up a menu it just straight up closes the game.
    • No way to rewind scenes. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but some of the CGs are used for story telling. I accidentally clicked more than once and skipped a document I was supposed to be reading on-screen with no way to go back without reloading.
    • No confirmations on over-writing saves. I miss-clicked on a save and it just over-wrote it.
    I really want to like this game because the premise and characters seem interesting. Maybe I am just used to the quality of life features the Ren'Py engine offers, but I am finding it hard to enjoy this game due to the lack of even basic quality of life. Not only does it detract, but can even hinder the player's experience.