Abandoned games

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
I know some sites that moderators never authorize to leave abandoned games on the server.

This rule should also come in here, if it is abandoned, it has no use even for those who play, since it is unfinished nobody will ever see the end.

The moderators should take this into account, as this only serves to fill the server without having any use.;):WeSmart:

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
some of the most popular games here are abandoned without a hope for comeback. people still play and even replay them all the time.

Deleted member 1684328

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2019
It would be a waste to throw away abandoned games, I sometimes play good games like those. And when the developer could come back, it would be a shame if his whole topic was deleted, even when the chance a developer comes back is very small.

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
not to mention new people finding the game and needing help, deleting the thread would also delete all the fixes, easter eggs, walkthroughs, ingame codes and any other helpful info a new player might need to play the game for the first time. Also like the others said, the threads only have links, all files are hosted offsite.

God3333

Mar 9, 2019
Some games may just be missing a conclusion, but are still good. Also some abandoned games are picked back up again. albeit not often, but I swear if my sweet neighbours get's going again....

• Sad
Reactions: Raven Hex

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I personalty don't see the point either. To me it's no better than playing a demo of a game you'll never actually be able play, but as the saying goes different strokes for different folks.

Staimh

Dec 12, 2020
Also doesn't matter if they are unfinished or not, people still play them.
Pretty much nailed it. There are a lot of games with a decent amount of content but which are flagged as abandoned.

To remove any game would require someone's entirely subjective opinion as to whether there was enough content to be worth playing. Unfortunately someone else is going to arrive at different subjective opinion. So best option is to leave them all with a clear flag so players can make up their own minds.