About dev thread

XephonDev

Game Developer
Dec 1, 2020
Hey all!

I hope I'm not breaking the rules. I have a question when should one start a thread about a game that is in production. Mainly to have contact with people if they like the idea itself, some advice to get and other such things.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I have a question when should one start a thread about a game that is in production. Mainly to have contact with people if they like the idea itself, some advice to get and other such things.
When he want ? If you look at the parent section of this one (so directly the Programming, Development & Art section) you'll see dozen of threads like that. Some have years of existence and are still legitimately active ; what imply that the game haven't had a single official release yet.
But there's no rules, even unspoken ones, it totally depend of how you feel in regard of your game. Some do it because they are full of doubt, others avoid to do it precisely because they doubt. Some do it because they expect to found there some motivation, while some avoid to do it by fear that they'll loose their motivation because it will stay globally unnoticed.

Only you can know if you really need to do this, and when you feel ready to do it.

TDoddery

Apr 28, 2020
When he want ? If you look at the parent section of this one (so directly the Programming, Development & Art section) you'll see dozen of threads like that. Some have years of existence and are still legitimately active ; what imply that the game haven't had a single official release yet.
But there's no rules, even unspoken ones, it totally depend of how you feel in regard of your game. Some do it because they are full of doubt, others avoid to do it precisely because they doubt. Some do it because they expect to found there some motivation, while some avoid to do it by fear that they'll loose their motivation because it will stay globally unnoticed.

Only you can know if you really need to do this, and when you feel ready to do it.
Great answer