Daz About Making a Game.

Scieash

Apr 25, 2019
Hey guys.i decided to create a game.l'll use the renpy everbody uses.İ know i have to buy a models from Daz.Like giving 40 dollar for a model. to get the model's own license.But do i have to pay a license fee to daz while using it in the my game? I remember its own license 500 dollars.Do i need to officially have this license when publishing the game? Renderings for animations.thank you from now.

DelinquentProductions

Degenerate
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
Nope. The "Interactive Licenses" are for games which would involve more direct user interaction with the characters resulting in changes to the model. Standard license agreement covers VNs. To quote from their page at

Whenever you purchase 3D Content from Daz, it comes with certain rights that allow you to use that content. Some of those rights include the ability to:

1. Render Images
  2. Render Videos
  3. Render HDRIs and/or Virtual Reality (VR) scenes

Any of these that you produce and render out are completely owned by you, so you can use them commercially, modify them, sell them, or promote them, as protected by the ( ). This is because the end product is a render (your individual artwork) of the 3D Model, as opposed to the actual 3D Content.
Edit: Almost forgot that purchasing the asset means you are getting the standard license rights. You do not need to purchase the additional interactive license.

Reactions: Scieash

Scieash

Apr 25, 2019
Oh then i just need the buy the models.For asset,while doing this i dont need an interactive license then as far as i understand,no need for 500 dollar to. And daz the best optinion for rendering?(if you want to use something for free)Thank you my friend .God bless you

Last edited:

Goodfella

Oct 30, 2020
Oh then i just need the buy the models.For asset,while doing this i dont need an interactive license then as far as i understand,no need for 500 dollar to. And daz the best optinion for rendering?(if you want to use something for free)Thank you my friend .God bless you
Well, for beginners, I believe that rendering in Daz Studio is indeed the best option. Just make sure to understand Daz lighting (I use blender and I can't understand lighting in Daz that well), and Daz shading (a good place to start would V3Digitime's Skin Shading Essensials tutorials). Thundorn's channel on youtube will help you a lot as well.

Otherwise, I think moving on to Cycles would give you a lot more freedom to customize your results (and gain on render times), but that's a much steeper learning curve.