About methods in choosing a waifu (a question for the developers of VN.)

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Hi!
I have one possibly strange question.
(if anything, I'm currently reading VN "the Visit" by Stiglet)
A question regarding the choice of waifu for a particular role.
How do you choose a waifu?
for some reason I often get the impression (but very doubt) that waifu are chosen in the same way that actresses are chosen for movie roles. maybe I'm wrong, I don't know, honestly.
that is, for roles in the cinema, they select not anyhow, but for a specific role, taking into account the temperament of the actress.
but what about waifu, do they have a "temperament"? in general, how are they selected for a particular role in the next VN? or use precedents? Well, for example, if some waifu played a hypocrite older sister, preoccupied with sex with her younger brother (but not admitting to herself that), then in the future they will choose this particular waifu for a similar role? (an allusion to the waifu who played the role of older sister Jessica in VN "Lust theory". A very-very similar waifu participated in the role of an older two-faced sister who jumped on her brother under a plausible pretext in VN "Guilty pleasure" - although her name was already Rachel)

anyway, how are waifu chosen?
or maybe just an asset developer, when he creates a new waifu, attaches to it a list of possible roles in which, in his opinion, she would look good.

by the way, I'm not saying that the mother (Karen) in this VN is similar to Monica from VN "where is my heart" - and the characters are similar in temperament.
different hairstyle - but that's not a problem, right? it's like flat cardboard dolls that you dress up in paper clothes.

thanks.