About the appearances of the characters in incest games

How much do you care about that?

• 1 - I pay attention to that and it can be a killer for me when it comes to incest games

Votes: 13 32.5%

Votes: 6 15.0%

Votes: 10 25.0%

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • 5 - I'm fine as long as the characters are called mom/sis and not landlady/tenant

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
When it comes to incest games, I've seen them in all forms. Characters that look like if all of them were a copy-paste and the only difference is the hair/heights/boobs, like Summertime Saga, and characters that look nothing like the others and the only way you know they are related it's because the MC calls them sis/mom, like HSTutor.

I personally prefer if you can tell who's MC's mom/sis just by looking at them but I don't really mind it if that isn't the case. I wonder what others think about it and how much it affects their experiences.

Last edited:

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
To be fair when i see landlady/friend/stepmom (which has no mention of real mom) im just gonna assume its the actual mother of the mc and i could just add the patch but theres no point cuz i dont care too much about it

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
it's all about selling the idea you're trying to convey with your story. first you must establish the 'family' in the reader's mind, or it's not a family.

it's a nice detail if there's a family resemblance, but counterproductive when they're identical (without being twins). it should probably be contrasted by unrelated characters looking distinctly separate from that family look. to sell the idea.

identical twins are always a bad idea, daz just makes them too identical. IRL you can always tell identical twins apart. they should have enough differences to tell them apart without a name tag or it's just annoyingly confusing. even if you want a plot with them switching places, it only works if the audience can tell them apart. to sell the idea of switching places there has to be some cue to tip the audience off. otherwise it just feels like a cheap trick to show the same model twice and claim they're different.

but not a huge problem for me. 20yo moms bother me much more.

oh, looking too slutty breaks the immersion as well. it's doable for sisters, but kills the mom fantasy. mom can turn slutty over time, but it's meaningless unless she starts from a more conservative beginning.

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
I think I'm fine with it as long as their physical features look logically sound. No black or Asian kids if the parents are two Caucasians, no (insert eye/hair color here) if no one else down the family tree has those features unless there's some sort of a genetic defect. My suspension of disbelief goes far enough that I'd be willing to accept two people who look reasonably different from one another to be siblings.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I am not into incest, but I prefer that mom and daughter resemble each other.
Bonus point if they have red hair, see Reincarnotica and Become a Rock Star.

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
It really annoyed me in Radiant for example...

If they at least talked to you that they colored their Hair... but 3 different Hair and Eye-Colors is ruining the Game a little bit for me.

Summertime Saga is not too bad, I feel like the MC and his Mom/Sister/Aunt all look somewhat similar. And since its 2D-Art its a little bit different anyways.

Ataios

Sep 11, 2017
All characters have to be visibly adults, no shota and loli shit. I also strongly dislike games where the sons are smaller than their moms. They don't have to resemble each other though.

Eclivious

Nov 5, 2016
Personally I don't care about the resemblance as much as I care about things like the mother actually looking like a mother and not a 20 year old that you are told is your mother. The reason I'm not too bothered about resemblance is because in real life, I don't think I know anybody who looks enough like their parents or siblings for me to go "Oh, they are 100% related".

Personally I'd also like it if more body types were included also, not everybody has to be the same height, weight, breast size, hip size etc. Though I guess my arguments aren't directed solely at incest games.

The great thing about the world is everybody looks different, games should try and recreate that too.

Guntag

Donor
May 3, 2017
In most incest games, you only see the mother, so you can't tell if the appearance of a character "makes sense" or not. Also, 2 siblings can look very different sometimes.