'About you', 'Introduction' & 'Profile post'...

Le Mat

May 30, 2020
I must confess that I am completely at a loss understanding what point there is to filling the 'About you' box, or the single line in 'Your profile' that is offered every time one scurries by one's personal profile under one's monicker.

Where must one go to introduce oneself properly so that the moderators and other top brass may smile upon us fondly with this aloof holier-than-thou smile that comes with the appointment to one of the Higher Offices ?

There is no mockery in my words, I wish I had not been born thirty years too early, if only I had been born thirty years later, O woe unto me, then what a dazzling developer I would be, Qualis artifex !

I have already mistaken two wrong threads for the right thread. No wonder if I should wonder where I am welcome to introduce myself. Is it here ?

• Hey there
Reactions: Cul

Cul

Feb 25, 2019
Hello. Yes, it is here, though most people are looking at game threads. Looking for more, every day...

Hah, and imagine all the games, being alive 30 years from now. If we don't make a mockery of the world.

Bienvenido.

Last edited:

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
I used to worry too much what others thought of me, of my decisions and of my actions. Eventually, I came to realize that if you’re wasting too much time seeking validation, respect or approval from others, then you won’t have time to accomplish all that you desire.

Yes, many things are easier today, especially for game developers, but you couldn't talk me into giving back 30 years of experience for anything. Sure it was harder making games in the past, but we made tools, and shared those tools with younger generations, and now we reap the rewards.

Welcome to the forum.