MoriAPC

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2020
I've mentioned this on the Discord before, but the room adjacent to the Queen is where the Princess will eventually go.

And here's my art for the Princess character:

PrincessA.png
At this point I'm not quite ready to put her into the game, and I don't bother adding new characters until I have updated art anyway. It'd be too jarring since the game is like 90%+ updated art at this point, and we're long past the days when I'd add my own rough designs into the game first. Now I just wait for the finished art before adding.

slowman

Jan 18, 2019
I've mentioned this on the Discord before, but the room adjacent to the Queen is where the Princess will eventually go.

And here's my art for the Princess character:

View attachment 775506
At this point I'm not quite ready to put her into the game, and I don't bother adding new characters until I have updated art anyway. It'd be too jarring since the game is like 90%+ updated art at this point, and we're long past the days when I'd add my own rough designs into the game first. Now I just wait for the finished art before adding.
I think it might be a better thing to do to wait the really early art turned a few people off even if they were place holders, also since cherry wants you to get a house the king might have a palace/estate that might be taken over (maybe along with the princess).

Last edited:

Daddio05

Aug 6, 2020
To start this game is great. The only issues I have is not being able to quickly get through dialog without accidentally making a choice (which is more a me problem by hitting space to quickly) and a lacking of an abundance of artwork, but it's early on and hopefully more of that lovely artworks keeps coming!

Mar 12, 2018
To start this game is great. The only issues I have is not being able to quickly get through dialog without accidentally making a choice (which is more a me problem by hitting space to quickly) and a lacking of an abundance of artwork, but it's early on and hopefully more of that lovely artworks keeps coming!
Use down arrow to go through dialogue.

MoriAPC

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2020
i can't get Cherry event between 2nd date and Cherry On Top, i just go straight to Cherry On Top.
Hm... I can't think of anything that changed recently which would have broken this, and no one has reported on this issue before. That makes it kinda hard to pin down what the cause might be. Did you use any kind of save editor or cheat engine on your game file?

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
Hm... I can't think of anything that changed recently which would have broken this, and no one has reported on this issue before. That makes it kinda hard to pin down what the cause might be. Did you use any kind of save editor or cheat engine on your game file?
Nope, I attached save just after 2nd date. I would also add save before that but i've overwritten it by accident.

Malcowitz

Feb 14, 2018
Part of the Kath birthing scene has, hilariously, been stuck on my screen for a while now. Not sure how it happened but here's the save

I gotta say, I first didn't think I'd enjoy the tone of the game but it has definitely grown on me. It took me a long time to figure out how to corrupt the Queen though: I kept thinking that charm 3 was the key when it was the opposite.

Anyway, it seems really odd how the Harpy is the only female monster; I always found the parts where the hero conquers the female monsters hella hot and woulda thought it would fit right in with the tone of this one

MoriAPC

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2020
I've had problems with the rendering of Kath's art during the birth scene, but they were pretty rare and isolated incidents. Specifically it was just an issue with the animation frames overlapping with each other. I couldn't replicate the issues and I couldn't figure out what was causing it to appear or not to appear. I haven't heard anything about the art persisting after the scene has concluded, though.

The script which wipes pictures off the screen is pretty much universal. Even in the case of a glitch, the picture should be erased as soon as you go and talk to another character, but for some reason that's not happening with your save file (I just tested it out as well). Hmm...

I'm going to have to spend more time investigating the code for that scene. Worst case scenario I might need to remove the animation from the game and figure out a new way to render it.

I'll investigate the issue with Cherry as well. Sadly, the save file is unlikely to help in this case because it doesn't tell me anything about what's going on. It just tells me that you're eligible for the Cherry on Top scene, which could just happen because it was supposed to happen.

EdgeOfShadow Can you give me more information about specifically what scene you believe that you missed? I find the term "2nd Date" to be pretty vague.

Reactions: L30

MoriAPC

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2020
Okay sorry for the double post but this actually was a much faster issue to solve than I was expecting. I found the issue that was causing the image overlap and the persisting glitch. Also added a new 'Token' to scrub the players screen in case anything like this happens again. Issue seems to be solved.

Regarding Cherry... I have no idea what happened here, but for some reason the entire section of code that is supposed to trigger her third date has been removed. I don't know when or why I would have deleted this. Thankfully the date scene itself is rendered in a totally separate area and was unaffected. I just need to update Cherry's main event script again to fix everything and put it back into the game. tl;dr -- the scene is still in the game, but the player can't actually trigger it right now. Whoops!

Thanks to both of you for bringing the glitches to my attention.

Reactions: L30 and AdamJohn36

MoriAPC

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2020
1. Go to the throne room and take over the kingdom
2. Use the Magic Clock a few times and then return to the world map
3. Battle Merlin. If he doesn't appear, use the Magic Clock a few more times.
4. After you defeat Merlin, make sure to use the Arcane Extractor on him
5. Your Magic Score will increase to 8, and unlock the new scenes with the Elf Goddess and Hstrvx

That should be the fastest way to do it. Check the guide for more information.

Reactions: L30

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
EdgeOfShadow Can you give me more information about specifically what scene you believe that you missed? I find the term "2nd Date" to be pretty vague.
Quoting the guide: "After you give enough Gifts, her Chat dialogue will change, she’ll stop accepting more Gifts, and you can ask her out on the next Date! This one involves teleporting to a remote location, doing some exploring, and then making out by the riverside. Cherry won’t get mad no matter what you attempt, but there is a limit to how much you’ll get away with. Just try to do whatever you want and see how it goes."
This never happens, instead i get Cherry On Top.

MoriAPC

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2020
EdgeOfShadow

Regarding Cherry... I have no idea what happened here, but for some reason the entire section of code that is supposed to trigger her third date has been removed. I don't know when or why I would have deleted this. Thankfully the date scene itself is rendered in a totally separate area and was unaffected. I just need to update Cherry's main event script again to fix everything and put it back into the game. tl;dr -- the scene is still in the game, but the player can't actually trigger it right now. Whoops!
Will be fixed in the next version

4.50 star(s) 44 Votes