Ren'Py action and notify

jonuaa

Aug 20, 2019
Hello everyone, I'm really a beginner in ren'py.
I have a problem, I should make a image button that when clicked shows a specific photo and shows a notification based on the photo it will show.
For now i wrote this:

screen tutorial:
add "#file.jpg"
imagebutton auto "Capitolo1/#name/#name_%s.png" focus_mask True action Jump("#namee")
imagebutton auto "Capitolo1/#name/#name_%s.png" focus_mask True action Jump("#namee")

Jump is ok but i don't take two action.
How can I do?
THX for all.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
imagebutton auto "Capitolo1/#name/#name_%s.png" action [Jump("#namee") , action 2, action 3, ...]

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
The Jump must be last thing on the list. Ren'py will stop at it and never proceed what is after.
Oh? The order actually matters then? That is interesting information, thank you.
I had previously thought that all the things would execute one after another and if I were to put two jumps, the latter would work.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
The order actually matters then?
Only for Jump and probably also Call. Ren'py handle them with an exception, so they totally branch out of the code with no way to go back ; I haven't tested, but I assume that the Call sent you back to the label and not the screen, so with no possibility to resume the list of actions.
For all the other screen actions, the order depend only of what you expect as result.

Reactions: Winterfire