• After i finished the game, in the gallery mode

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Not at all, i just like playing them

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters

Nazzaroth

Jan 17, 2018
Hello everyone,
today i have a bit of a personal question to everyone that likes to play action games with nsfwcontent, especially 2d-Metroidvania-type Games.

Cause i was always wondering while playing these games, that a lot of them that have a female protagonist end up gating their sexual content behind loosing the game.
Either the sexanimation only plays when the enemy defeats you, or you outright have to lose the level to see the sexy stuff.

Normally i think this would be pretty dumb gamedesign-choices as it would force the player to play badly to see the sexy content. But after some thinking i got this thought
maybe its me?
I generally like to fap while playing these games. So it does indeed force me to play badly. But most of these games have gallery modes that either unlock over time or after you finish the game. So i got the idea that most people actually just play the game and ignore the sexy content, or just enjoy it when it so happens they loose once or twice, and then do one fapsession at the end when they won the game.

Generally i still think its not the best idea to design your game that way, but if most people play games this way i could atleast understand why its not so annoying to most people. And when i finally get around making my own games it would be nice infos to keep in mind when designing the game ^^

TLDR: How do you fap to actiongame/2d-Metroidvania Games with sexcontent thats gated behind loosing the game. While playing the game or after in the gallerymode.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
The best games in the action genre blend the mechanics together properly so that they can be enjoyed together.

Look at eluku's fairy fighting, for instance. It's a fighting game that much of the gameplay is focused on enemy grabs. A lot of gameplay is able to be done one handed with rebound keys, and almost every enemy action has a sexy animation or two attatched

It's a certainly action-based, but it blends it well with unique, high quality animations and a pretty tight combat system

Reactions: Saika Totsuka

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
If you are talking about some animations during a real time sequence (platformer/fighters/timed puzzle), it's pretty much unfappable and I don't think they expect people to fap to those.

For a similar reason, I think mini games during sex scenes are fundamentally wrong.

Fliptoynk

Nov 9, 2018
you wanna fap watching sex scenes while in the heat of action? like a downhill racer while yer distracted getting hand jobbed by your chick she suddenly screams "HAIR PIN UP AHEAD!!!!" IIIIIIIRK! SCREEEEECH! PTSD INERTIA DRIFT!

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
It's hard to explain without someone having played Eluku's games, but if you integrate the combat and the H-mechanics well enough it's perfectly plausible to have sex scenes intertwined with the combat or action segments without it feeling like you're being pulled in a million different directions.

But keep in mind that even though it's possible, I've seen it done well perhaps twice, mabey three times? It's certainly not easy, hence why most games just don't. My own game certainly has problems with intertwining hentai and the combat, but I'll keep trying until I get it right! (or at least until it's not annoying!)

Sparky~

Aug 22, 2020
I'd say you should find a good way to implement those kind of scenes so they merge with the gameplay. Your goal should be creating a game that is fun because of the adult scenes, and that way they won't look out of place.

If a player doesn't like adult scenes popping out at the moment they're fighting an enemy, you can always add an option to disable them, and check them out in a gallery. A lot of H-ACT games do this, and it's a good way to let the player focus in their gameplay, knowing that they will have the possibility to replay the sex scenes later.

Reactions: hgameartman

Fliptoynk

Nov 9, 2018
ok ok... how about this:
you've seen dragon age origin's combat mechanics right? I hope so... well here's the twist. 1 of your mage can only cast her ultimate nuker if... she cums... now, you gotta manage yer tanker and kiter to cock-block the enemies while your mc jack hammers the shit outta your mage. and in order to make the magic more devastating, you have to change sex positions to overcharge her before both of them go boom. more sex lore levels means more sex positions to choose :ROFLMAO:

you're welcome

Last edited:

Nazzaroth

Jan 17, 2018
thanks for all the answers.

so the biggest parts are that if sexanimations play they should idealy play after a combat encounter when you can relax again. also stuff like struggle-meters are generally seen as annoying.

for my game i plan to have a more active way to start sex anyways eg. the player defeats an enemy goes over to the panting girl and presses down and then the animation plays.

again thanks for the help ^^

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
iirc when I was playing all those ryona games I would just edge to them until I got as far in the game as I cared to go. How much I could get away with really depended on the game. A lot of them have QTE mechanics, so you really don't have time to do anything if you actually want to recover and advance in the level. Others ( ) have non-interactive sex "cutscenes", ideally requiring you to advance the stages manually, so those are great for edging. And then my favorite in the genre, She Ill Server, has mostly NPC-focused sex that loops.

trusk rock

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2020
well im creating a game and i was posing the characters for a scene in DAZ and that got me excited and now im here checking forums while i regain some energy to get up and start working again lol
so please add one more option as "while creating the game" for game developers lol

• Haha
Reactions: Nazzaroth