Ren'Py adding a mod to a game

wlazinna

Apr 13, 2022
Hello!
I made a cheat for a ren'py game, this cheat was for my use.
This game is now update on a new realease. My cheat continue to work and i'd like to share this routine with the followers of this forum
i edit a rpy file, the game use rpa compressed file
What is it the best practices to introduce this mod now?

sorry if i m not in the correct place for the question...and thank you in advance

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
A mod in a RPY file is easy to use because you just drop it into the "game" folder, and it will override/add to any files in the RPA.

1. Go to the thread for the game release and make a post about your Mod with some explanation of what it does and invite others to try it. As you say it is a simple single rpy file, then just attach to the post.

2. If the feedback from other is that the mod is useful, you can report the post to moderator (use the report link) and explain it should be linked from OP. It's common for such a link on the OP to be an archive that is stored on one of the approved filehosts, but normally the moderator does this work.

3. it's handy to explain what version(s) of the game that the mod works with. Very frustrating to get a new release and the mod no longer works, but there is no explanation of this.

Reactions: wlazinna