Adding butt bones to Genesis 8 skeleton?

DillyD

Dec 22, 2019
Hey everyone, I was watching video on bringing Daz characters into iClone 7 and I noticed that when they bring the model into 3DXChange and add physics to the breast/butt the genesis model being used has both a "LeftButt" and "RightButt" bone that I don't seem to have. I would like to add butt physics as shown in the video, but I don't know how to go about adding butt bones to my character. If anyone knows how to do this and could explain I would really appreciate it!

Reactions: IAMH

DillyD

Dec 22, 2019
Thanks for the reply, I'll take a look at this. Forgive me for being a noob, but just for clarity's sake: I would import the .fbx file for my Daz character in SFM, add the butt bones, and then I could export and add the jiggle physics in 3DXchange, as seen in the video I posted above?

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
I noticed that when they bring the model into 3DXChange and add physics to the breast/butt the genesis model being used has both a "LeftButt" and "RightButt" bone that I don't seem to have.
You are correct that the Genesis 3 Female character does not have "butt bones." (Nor does G8F) The tutorial in question clearly doesn't start from an unmodified G3F - I suspect that this "tutorial" is based on a character that has already been customized to add them.

Daz supports manipulating the skeleton of figures - within Daz Studio, it would theoretically be possible to add the butt bones. There's an overview of the process here:

Once you've added the bones, then you'd have to alter the weight mapping of the mesh so that portions of the butt's position were controlled by the butt bones instead of by the bones that currently control them. Once you'd done that, then you'd export the FBX. Alternately, it would probably be possible to export the FBX, import it into a modeling package like Blender, add the bones and do the weight mapping, then re-export it to take it into 3DXchange.

DillyD

Dec 22, 2019
Thanks for the tips, I'll try adding the bones from within Daz first since that seems like the most straightforward route, and if that proves to be too much trouble I'll try it in blender. Pretty new to this stuff but seems worth it to get butt physics in my game.

IAMH

Oct 14, 2019
You are correct that the Genesis 3 Female character does not have "butt bones." (Nor does G8F) The tutorial in question clearly doesn't start from an unmodified G3F - I suspect that this "tutorial" is based on a character that has already been customized to add them.

Daz supports manipulating the skeleton of figures - within Daz Studio, it would theoretically be possible to add the butt bones. There's an overview of the process here:

Once you've added the bones, then you'd have to alter the weight mapping of the mesh so that portions of the butt's position were controlled by the butt bones instead of by the bones that currently control them. Once you'd done that, then you'd export the FBX. Alternately, it would probably be possible to export the FBX, import it into a modeling package like Blender, add the bones and do the weight mapping, then re-export it to take it into 3DXchange.
I did make my bones, and weight painted them in blender and exported from blender for 3dxchange and this is what i got. I really need some help. I have left a post in the reallusion forum but i still haven't got any real help and it's been days

IAMH

Oct 14, 2019
Thanks for the reply, I'll take a look at this. Forgive me for being a noob, but just for clarity's sake: I would import the .fbx file for my Daz character in SFM, add the butt bones, and then I could export and add the jiggle physics in 3DXchange, as seen in the video I posted above?
The link that you left from Youtube, the guy who made that video just made a video of how he made the butt bones i asked him to make it by the way and he did you're welcome

• Love
Reactions: Laikhent