Adobe Flash Player R.I.P

Lone Dog

Aug 28, 2019
Well, since Adobe Flash Player is dead and all content that use it is being blocked, so my question is obvious, how I can play flash animations/games of websites? its even possible?

FeelingBlue

Aug 7, 2017
Probably an emulator or something like that will appear sooner or later.
Just like we're still able to play DOS games in DOSbox today.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Lone Dog

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
If some dev is using flash in 2021 they're probably trying to get your banking details trough the security exploits.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
  • download the game while it's still online (it usually is an .SWF file)
  • grab for your O.S.
  • launch FPP
  • File » Open... and select the .SWF file
The Projector loads URLs too: so, as long as the game is online, you can play it without downloading it (you must provide the URL of the .SWF file).
Note: it is safer to sandbox the projector or to launch it inside a virtual machine.

A few alternative solutions:
  • Playing online
    1. Internet Archive has created a and lets you play thousands of games and animations through the embedded . Submissions are welcome. I don't know if adult content is allowed though
    2. you may download an old, portable version of Chrome, visit the web page and play the game. I don't know if this works though. Also, this is definitely unsafe, because the browser is not updated
    3. you may try one of the browsers that still support Flash, like Puffin. Again, I don't know if this works and for how long
  • Playing offline
    1. Project Flashbang is a collection of NSFW Flash games and animations. Definitely worth to check it out
    2. Flash games are also collected on and . Both allow adult content (for instance, the former hosts Corruption of Champions). You can submit your favorite games too

Last edited:

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
If you still want to run flash in your web browser like before you can get the Basilisk web browser here.

You'll probably need this as well to disable the killswitch on flash. It's the archived flash.

You'll also need an ad blocker since the internet is cancer without one. Unfortunately I think only the legacy version works with Firefox so the results might not be as good as the current version but better than nothing right? Install the xpi file from this github.

I'll mention for the hell of it but this is all some what insecure so if you want to run flash games in your browser you might want to run it in a virtual machine however if you are only visiting sites like newgrounds and other sites with good reputations I wouldn't go to the hassle of running it in a VM because these sites aren't hellbent on screwing you over.

Reactions: Jack-ish

fierylion

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2019
Don't worry too much, as most major flash game hosts have been preparing a long time for Flashpocolypse. Some are implementing web-based flash emulators (such as ruffle.rs) that allow you to play their flash games in your own browser without installing Flash yourself

Lone Dog

Aug 28, 2019
Don't worry too much, as most major flash game hosts have been preparing a long time for Flashpocolypse. Some are implementing web-based flash emulators (such as ruffle.rs) that allow you to play their flash games in your own browser without installing Flash yourself
I tried the ruffle extension but still show an error and the content is blocked, i saw this web works, at least with downloaded flash...