Adult genres that don't get enough attention.

Hybris

May 9, 2017
Just a thought that occurred to me while I was trying to play Coming of Age when the mother hops into the shower with your own female MC. What are genres that we don't normally see as main line tags for lack of a better term?
Lesbian incest be it sisters, mother/daughter, cousins, etc... at best seems to have a scene or two in a lot of incest themed games but otherwise I can't think of in the last 2 or 3 years I've been active on this site let alone before then that there have been any games let alone complete ones that featured that particular pairing.
Next I would say is bestiality as again its sometimes feature in a few scenes but few games besides Tentcular(sp?), The Hunter series, and the recent Man's best friend series are built around that particular fetish.

So what does the community think about this?

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
That's actually quite simple:
The more popular genre you do, the more support you are likely to get early.
The more support you get, the less likely you are to quit before you finish the game.

That's pretty much why you see so many mother-son-sister and father-daughter games and why they are way more likely to be finished. Now it doesn't mean that all developers do it solely for money, but developing a good game takes a lot of time and energy and if you are actually losing money on it (be it assets, programs like photoshop, or just the power to keep PC going just to render), you can lose confidence to keep making it really fast.

Another point would be exposure, with some people looking up specific tags and skipping the ones they don't like There might be a lot of people who skip the game just because they didn't like particular tag or it lacked the one they were looking for, even though they might've actually liked the game itself, if they played it.

That pretty much sums it up.

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
v.i.r.t.u.e.s
terminal desires
epiclust games
wow i misread this as "games"
genres would be bukkake and group gangbang on either a gloryhole or glorywall

Last edited:
Reactions: EpicLust

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
Unironically, augmented cyber-sex, like in Cyberpunk 2077. Having watched a friend playing recently, it occurred to both of us that there aren't any games where you take control of someone like V or Adam Jensen, and then fuck your way through the world, buying sex-themed augmentations and using them to seduce women.

Machinist

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2020
Unironically, augmented cyber-sex, like in Cyberpunk 2077.
I believe that with the release of Cyberpunk 2077 this is going to change. Hell, even the DAZ store (where most 3d products comes from) is now releasing cyberpunk stuff.

But with that buggy release and CDPR getting sued I may be wrong. They may even go out of business soon (I hope not).